    tuners of this board use a new technique that digitizes all the signal
    then digitally filters channels.

    Thanks for an help about steps to follow to try to fix it.

    Mike De Petris, Aug 6, 2008

  2. I think your problem is that you need an audio cable to take care of the
    analog support - and most likely, you will find options somewhere that needs
    to be setup correctly as well, or you'll have both channels playing at once
    where one of them has a short delay.

    I don't have the Hauppauge myself, so cannot help with the specifics. I have
    a ComPro DVB T300 that I never got working in 64bit, but it does exactly the
    same on a different machine.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 6, 2008

  3. On Aug 6, 1:13 pm, "Tony Sperling" <>
    wrote:
    > I think your problem is that you need an audio cable to take care of the
    > analog support - and most likely, you will find options somewhere that needs
    > to be setup correctly as well, or you'll have both channels playing at once
    > where one of them has a short delay.

    oh no, this board has no audio connector and no audio cable, audio
    goes digitally by pci then decoded, this is why I think about a
    defective codec decoder/driver.

    Mike De Petris, Aug 6, 2008
  4. On Aug 6, 3:20 pm, Mike De Petris <> wrote:
    > On Aug 6, 1:13 pm, "Tony Sperling" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I think your problem is that you need an audio cable to take care of the
    > > analog support - and most likely, you will find options somewhere that needs
    > > to be setup correctly as well, or you'll have both channels playing at once
    > > where one of them has a short delay.

    > oh no, this board has no audio connector and no audio cable, audio
    > goes digitally by pci then decoded, this is why I think about a
    > defective codec decoder/driver.

    I tryed a lot of things being not able to fix the analog audio
    problem, maybe it's due to my integrated audio chipset and the
    motherboard not being fast enough to decode pci audio.

    I tested the board on another (XP 32 bit) PC and all works well, so I
    will try with a pci audio board, if I find one.

    Btw installing and reinstalling I am no more able to use the digital
    tuners that are not seen by the Cyberlink Powercinema software, I
    already used few time the hauppauge tool to remove driver and software
    files to reinstall it cleanly withous success, all goes well but only
    digital tuners are seen, even wintv can tune analog channels only.

    What could I use to reset those devices? I see no error during
    installation, so what?

    Mike De Petris, Aug 11, 2008
  5. The most logical approach is to contact Hauppauge for
    assistance with their hardware and software.

    If you needed troubleshooting and repair on your Mercedes
    Benz, you wouldn't take it to an Opal or VW dealer!

    The same logic applies to computers. If you have problems
    with third party hardware and/or software you don't expect
    Microsoft to fix the problem! You go to the respective
    vendor/manufacturer.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 11, 2008
  6. On Aug 11, 4:04 pm, Bobby Johnson <> wrote:
    > The most logical approach is to contact Hauppauge for
    > assistance with their hardware and software.
    >
    > If you needed troubleshooting and repair on your Mercedes
    > Benz, you wouldn't take it to an Opal or VW dealer!
    >
    > The same logic applies to computers.  If you have problems
    > with third party hardware and/or software you don't expect
    > Microsoft to fix the problem!  You go to the respective
    > vendor/manufacturer.

    I would expect from MicroSoft to be told a way to do what I am asking,
    that is due to the Operating System architecture:

    > > What could I use to reset those devices?

    What is the procedure to "deeply" uninstall devices to let me install
    a device again as it would be the first time?

    Mike De Petris, Aug 11, 2008
  7. I don't think there is any such action internal to Windows.
    I have had to obtain utilities from the
    vendor/manufacturer on previous occasions to do a "deep
    clean" of an installation.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 11, 2008
  8. More often than not - to perform a 'full' un-install procedure, you'd have
    to uninstall the software part(s) using the same procedure you used to
    install.

    This means that you should preferably use the products own uninstaller (if
    it exists) or (if you must) the Add/Remove Software applet in Control Panel.

    After that you find the hardware in Device Manager and delete it there. Now
    you power down and remove the hardware and restart and disbale the entry
    from your BIOS if that applies or makes sense.

    I recommend that you reboot after every single step from now on!!!

    Now, you must manually clean up all the leftovers from the uninstaller.
    These are folders most likely in Program Files or in your Documents folder
    tree - sometimes there are *.DLL's left all over the place in the system
    directories and much of the time it isn't even possible to identify all the
    pieces.

    When you are satisfied, you power down and re-install the hardware and let
    Windows detect it and set up the basic system. Re-boot and Prepare to
    install the device support from the begining.

    On grounds of existing old installation leftovers, I recomend to NOT use the
    default installation folder when you re-install. Browse to somewhere else
    and create your own folder (on a different partition if you have one?) to
    re-install anything of that sort of troublemakers. This will also circumvent
    possible troubles emanating from most instances of leftover Registry keys
    from the old installation.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 11, 2008
  9. Tony Sperling wrote:
    > More often than not - to perform a 'full' un-install procedure, you'd have

    > On grounds of existing old installation leftovers, I recomend to NOT use the
    > default installation folder when you re-install. Browse to somewhere else
    > and create your own folder (on a different partition if you have one?) to
    > re-install anything of that sort of troublemakers. This will also circumvent
    > possible troubles emanating from most instances of leftover Registry keys
    > from the old installation.

    I thank you for this really useful guide that will help me a lot.

    This night I had another thought btw, I remember that booting in "safe
    mode" let me see various devices entry in the device manager that are
    not showing after a normal boot. Could it be a good idea to remove all
    this "dead installed" device entries in safe mode too?

    Mike De Petris, Aug 12, 2008
  10. I booted from xp x64 cd and reapired my installation, all is back to
    normal now, btw the starting problem is still there, analog audio is
    bad.

    For what the OS is concerned I think I have anything more to try,
    following step will be:

    - find an audio board to put into my pc to check if could be the
    integrated audio giving the problem
    - find a way to analyze wich codecs come into play and how to change
    it if possible, using differend decoding flow
    - upgrade my pc to something more performant -__-

    thank you for your support

    Mike De Petris, Aug 18, 2008