Hating Microsoft becomes easier still

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SgtMinor, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    This seems to be a follow-up to what began with the EULA for WMP 9.0
    where users had to agree to let MS take a look inside their system.

    From the Globe and Mail (Canada):

    "The next time you visit the website of Microsoft Corp. to download some
    software, be prepared to let the world's biggest software company have a
    look inside your computer.

    In a determined strike to quell the proliferation of counterfeit
    software, beginning today, Microsoft will require that all customers
    coming to its website for upgrades and other downloads submit their
    computers to an electronic frisking."

    more:

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050726.wxmicrosoft0726/BNStory/International/

    or http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1A32208B

    SgtMinor, Jul 26, 2005

  2. SgtMinor

    dwacon Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    > In a determined strike to quell the proliferation of counterfeit software,
    > beginning today, Microsoft will require that all customers coming to its
    > website for upgrades and other downloads submit their computers to an
    > electronic frisking."

    The new M$ logo will be a rubber glove with a drop of KY on a certain
    finger...

    ---
    Spank, Tickle and Whip...
    http://tinyurl.com/dme4d

    dwacon, Jul 26, 2005

  3. SgtMinor

    Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote:

    |>This seems to be a follow-up to what began with the EULA for WMP 9.0
    |>where users had to agree to let MS take a look inside their system.
    |>
    |> From the Globe and Mail (Canada):
    |>
    |>"The next time you visit the website of Microsoft Corp. to download some
    |>software, be prepared to let the world's biggest software company have a
    |>look inside your computer.
    |>
    |>In a determined strike to quell the proliferation of counterfeit
    |>software, beginning today, Microsoft will require that all customers
    |>coming to its website for upgrades and other downloads submit their
    |>computers to an electronic frisking."
    |>
    |>more:
    |>
    |>http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050726.wxmicrosoft0726/BNStory/International/
    |>
    |>or http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1A32208B

    They've been doing this for awhile, I don't use ActiveX so I download
    a file (from Microsoft) that produces a number I input to download.

    As bad as the article, if you don't like that your really not going to
    like Longhorn (vista, whatever). If you don't own the program it won't
    load, if you don't allow the OS to meld with your CPU you will have a
    degraded system, If your monitor doesn't meet standards your video
    will also be degraded (if it plays at all). and the list just goes on
    and on...

    Just a sample, google: longhorn drm
    --
    28,000 years old "Tool"

    , Jul 26, 2005
  4. SgtMinor

    elaich Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote in

    > "The next time you visit the website of Microsoft Corp. to download some
    > software, be prepared to let the world's biggest software company have a
    > look inside your computer.
    >
    > In a determined strike to quell the proliferation of counterfeit
    > software, beginning today, Microsoft will require that all customers
    > coming to its website for upgrades and other downloads submit their
    > computers to an electronic frisking."

    I ordered a Hayes serial modem, and as soon as it arrives, Linux-here-I-
    come. M$ can take a flying leap.

    elaich, Jul 26, 2005
  5. SgtMinor

    Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote:

    |>In a determined strike to quell the proliferation of counterfeit
    |>software, beginning today, Microsoft will require that all customers
    |>coming to its website for upgrades and other downloads submit their
    |>computers to an electronic frisking."

    All the difference a day makes, a crack for this is now available.
    http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/28/microsoft_genuine_ad.html
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/8qs9r
    --
    Bush flips off the press.
    http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/002261.html#002261

    , Jul 28, 2005
  6. SgtMinor

    Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Bush flips off the press.
    > http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/002261.html#002261

    It looks like a thumb to me, because the part of the hand to the right
    and left of it don't look like three knuckles- it looks more like the
    aft view of a clenched fist. A somewhat effeminate fist from someone
    not accustomed to making one perhaps, but a fist nevertheless.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 28, 2005
  7. SgtMinor

    Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote:

    |><> wrote in message
    |>
    |>> Bush flips off the press.
    |>> http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/002261.html#002261

    |>It looks like a thumb to me, because the part of the hand to the right
    |>and left of it don't look like three knuckles- it looks more like the
    |>aft view of a clenched fist. A somewhat effeminate fist from someone
    |>not accustomed to making one perhaps, but a fist nevertheless.

    I don't see a thumb!

    But that seems to be the general consensus.
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1595880
    (link to comments for this article - FARK.COM)
    --

    , Jul 29, 2005
  8. SgtMinor

    Steve P Guest

    > |>In a determined strike to quell the proliferation of counterfeit
    > |>software, beginning today, Microsoft will require that all customers
    > |>coming to its website for upgrades and other downloads submit their
    > |>computers to an electronic frisking."

    Also makes threats:

    windows genuine validation message:

    The Windows product key
    associated with your copy of Windows maps to one of the major PC
    manufacturers who purchase Windows product keys from Microsoft. The
    specific product key found on your computer maps to a major PC
    manufacturer that sells different hardware than the hardware found on
    your machine. This will not prevent you from validating now, but may
    cause you problems in the future. Please click Continue to complete
    the validation process.]

    Steve P, Jul 29, 2005