    I would have expected to see a deluge of WP7 entries to match the Android
    deluge, to catch the holiday shopping season. Maybe there’ll be more in
    later brochures. But it’s certainly not off to a flying start...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 4, 2010

  2. In message <>, Mutlley wrote:

    > Considering that Win fone has just come out and it has taken in NZ
    > nearly 10 months for a decent line of Androids to appear expect to see
    > more Win fones this time next year if MS hasn't pulled them off the
    > market due to lack of sales..

    Yes, but look at the big launch Microsoft did in Aotea Square and
    everything. Nobody did that for Android.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 4, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:47:12 +1300, Mutlley wrote:

    > Considering that Win fone has just come out and it has taken in NZ
    > nearly 10 months for a decent line of Androids to appear expect to see
    > more Win fones this time next year if MS hasn't pulled them off the
    > market due to lack of sales.

    [snort]

    How can Microsoft possibly expect to sell lots of a new type of gadget if
    it keeps on taking said gadget off the market after only one year?

    And given that its version of MS Windows disguised as gaming console is
    still not making a profit after multiple years available, you'd think
    that Microsoft would either take the X-box off the market too or also
    keep all its other duds on the market!

    Sweetpea, Nov 4, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin, Nov 5, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 5, 2010
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:02:25 -0700, Nik Coughlin wrote:

    > On Nov 4, 8:17 pm, Sweetpea <> wrote:
    >>
    >> And given that its version of MS Windows disguised as gaming console is
    >> still not making a profit after multiple years available

    > http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/23/xbox-division-posts-165-million-

    profit-in-fiscal-q3/

    That's the "xbox division" - not the hardware sales with that custom
    version of MS Windows on it.

    Sweetpea, Nov 5, 2010