    possibly, even something earlier)?

    Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Vrodok the Troll

    gwtc Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    > As of this writing; 16:52 local (US E. Coast).
    >
    > Several sites appear to be hosting v1.5 downloads, but *not*
    > <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> (still showing v1.0.7). Are these
    > 'other' sites (some of quite-good reputation) actually hosting v1.5 rc3 (or,
    > possibly, even something earlier)?
    >
    > Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    > a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?

    Its not "official" until Moz says so. But, yes, the download sites do
    have it. Moz is just a little slow at updating their site.

    As one Moz Champion (Chris I) said: "It's not officially released yet.
    It's on the FTP site in preparation for being shipped."

    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5/
    gwtc, Nov 29, 2005

  3. On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:17:56 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <438cd24f$>, wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >
    >> As of this writing; 16:52 local (US E. Coast).
    >>
    >> Several sites appear to be hosting v1.5 downloads, but *not*
    >> <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> (still showing v1.0.7). Are these
    >> 'other' sites (some of quite-good reputation) actually hosting v1.5 rc3 (or,
    >> possibly, even something earlier)?
    >>
    >> Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    >> a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?

    >Its not "official" until Moz says so. But, yes, the download sites do
    >have it. Moz is just a little slow at updating their site.
    >
    >As one Moz Champion (Chris I) said: "It's not officially released yet.
    >It's on the FTP site in preparation for being shipped."
    >
    >ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5/

    Ah drat. Tuesday's waning (6 hr/39 min intil Midnight, here on E. Coast), & no
    official release. Double-dang...
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Vrodok the Troll

    gwtc Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:17:56 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    > <>, by way of Message-id
    > <438cd24f$>, wrote:
    >

    >>Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>

    >>>As of this writing; 16:52 local (US E. Coast).
    >>>
    >>>Several sites appear to be hosting v1.5 downloads, but *not*
    >>><http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> (still showing v1.0.7). Are these
    >>>'other' sites (some of quite-good reputation) actually hosting v1.5 rc3 (or,
    >>>possibly, even something earlier)?
    >>>
    >>>Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    >>>a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?

    >>Its not "official" until Moz says so. But, yes, the download sites do
    >>have it. Moz is just a little slow at updating their site.
    >>
    >>As one Moz Champion (Chris I) said: "It's not officially released yet.
    >>It's on the FTP site in preparation for being shipped."
    >>
    >>ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5/

    > Ah drat. Tuesday's waning (6 hr/39 min intil Midnight, here on E. Coast), & no
    > official release. Double-dang...

    Maybe this might explain things a little:
    http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/11/looking-at-ftp-sites-for-mozilla.html
    gwtc, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Vrodok the Troll, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Vrodok the Troll

    Tony Raven Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:36:08 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    > <>, by way of Message-id
    > <>, wrote:
    >
    >> Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>

    > [snip]
    >> Maybe this might explain things a little:
    >> http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/11/looking-at-ftp-sites-for-mozilla.html

    > It does. Thank you kindly.

    Is it any different from RC3? The version number seems to be exactly
    the same when installed - its listed as Build 2005111116 in the header
    bar which is the same as RC3 IIRC.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham
    Tony Raven, Nov 29, 2005
  7. On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:54:08 +0000, in alt.fan.mozilla, Tony Raven
    <>, by way of Message-id <>,
    wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:36:08 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    >> <>, by way of Message-id
    >> <>, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>> Maybe this might explain things a little:
    >>> http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/11/looking-at-ftp-sites-for-mozilla.html

    >> It does. Thank you kindly.

    >Is it any different from RC3? The version number seems to be exactly
    >the same when installed - its listed as Build 2005111116 in the header
    >bar which is the same as RC3 IIRC.

    Heck if I know. Not on the home site; I've not installed it.
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 29, 2005
  8. Vrodok the Troll

    gwtc Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:36:08 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    >><>, by way of Message-id
    >><>, wrote:
    >>

    >>>Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>>

    >>[snip]
    >>
    >>>Maybe this might explain things a little:
    >>>http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/11/looking-at-ftp-sites-for-mozilla.html

    >>It does. Thank you kindly.

    > Is it any different from RC3? The version number seems to be exactly
    > the same when installed - its listed as Build 2005111116 in the header
    > bar which is the same as RC3 IIRC.

    Yes, it is different. Its [supposed to be] the Final Release.
    gwtc, Nov 29, 2005
  9. Tony Raven wrote:
    > Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:36:08 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    >> <>, by way of Message-id
    >> <>, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>> Maybe this might explain things a little:
    >>> http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/11/looking-at-ftp-sites-for-mozilla.html

    >> It does. Thank you kindly.

    > Is it any different from RC3? The version number seems to be exactly
    > the same when installed - its listed as Build 2005111116 in the header
    > bar which is the same as RC3 IIRC.

    No difference.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 29, 2005
  10. on 29.11.2005 22:56 Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    > As of this writing; 16:52 local (US E. Coast).
    >
    > Several sites appear to be hosting v1.5 downloads, but *not*
    > <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> (still showing v1.0.7). Are these
    > 'other' sites (some of quite-good reputation) actually hosting v1.5 rc3 (or,
    > possibly, even something earlier)?
    >
    > Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    > a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?

    It's officially released:
    http://www.mozilla.com/

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    http://vegard2.no -
    Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
    Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
    Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
    games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
    18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
    Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football
    Vegard Krog Petersen, Nov 29, 2005
  11. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:19:23 +0100, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vegard Krog Petersen
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <>, wrote:

    >on 29.11.2005 22:56 Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >> As of this writing; 16:52 local (US E. Coast).
    >>
    >> Several sites appear to be hosting v1.5 downloads, but *not*
    >> <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> (still showing v1.0.7). Are these
    >> 'other' sites (some of quite-good reputation) actually hosting v1.5 rc3 (or,
    >> possibly, even something earlier)?
    >>
    >> Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    >> a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?

    >It's officially released:
    >http://www.mozilla.com/

    On the proverbial "paper", but not, apparently, by way of download (site).

    http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

    Version 1.0.7 remains :-(
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 29, 2005
  12. On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:50:38 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vrodok the Troll
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <>, wrote:

    >On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:19:23 +0100, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vegard Krog Petersen
    ><>, by way of Message-id
    ><>, wrote:
    >
    >>on 29.11.2005 22:56 Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>> As of this writing; 16:52 local (US E. Coast).
    >>>
    >>> Several sites appear to be hosting v1.5 downloads, but *not*
    >>> <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> (still showing v1.0.7). Are these
    >>> 'other' sites (some of quite-good reputation) actually hosting v1.5 rc3 (or,
    >>> possibly, even something earlier)?
    >>>
    >>> Personally, I refuse to install something which purports to be from such & such
    >>> a site, unless *that* particular sites *is* hosting the stated file. Comments?

    >>It's officially released:
    >>http://www.mozilla.com/

    >On the proverbial "paper", but not, apparently, by way of download (site).
    >
    >http://www.mozilla.org/download.html
    >
    >Version 1.0.7 remains :-(

    Wait 1 dang minute. Since when has the "Mozilla" page/site been ".com" (instead
    of the usual ".org")?
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 29, 2005
  13. Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:50:38 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vrodok the Troll
    > <>, by way of Message-id
    > <>, wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:19:23 +0100, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vegard Krog Petersen
    >> <>, by way of Message-id
    >> <>, wrote:

    >>> It's officially released:
    >>> http://www.mozilla.com/

    >> On the proverbial "paper", but not, apparently, by way of download (site).
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/download.html
    >>
    >> Version 1.0.7 remains :-(

    > Wait 1 dang minute. Since when has the "Mozilla" page/site been ".com" (instead
    > of the usual ".org")?

    http://www.numenity.org/blog/2005/10/31/mozilla-site-changes/

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 30, 2005
  14. Vrodok the Troll

    gwtc Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:50:38 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vrodok the Troll
    > <>, by way of Message-id
    > <>, wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:19:23 +0100, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vegard Krog Petersen
    >><>, by way of Message-id
    >><>, wrote:

    >>>It's officially released:
    >>>http://www.mozilla.com/

    >>On the proverbial "paper", but not, apparently, by way of download (site).
    >>
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/download.html
    >>
    >>Version 1.0.7 remains :-(

    > Wait 1 dang minute. Since when has the "Mozilla" page/site been ".com" (instead
    > of the usual ".org")?

    This caught me too. Refresh the www.mozilla.org home page and you'll
    see whats going on.
    gwtc, Nov 30, 2005
  15. On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:25:31 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <>, wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    [snip]

    >> Wait 1 dang minute. Since when has the "Mozilla" page/site been ".com" (instead
    >> of the usual ".org")?

    >This caught me too. Refresh the www.mozilla.org home page and you'll
    >see whats going on.

    Ah. However, I still wonder why the "switch".

    And *still*, on the download page (which is not indicated, still, via
    http://www.mozilla.com/); http://www.mozilla.org/download.html, the "old"
    (1.0.7) version is offered. Will newbies end up blundering thru, eventually,
    only to end-up using an outdated release
    (http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.0.7&os=win&lang=en-US)?

    I am not angry with you nor anybody else participating in this thread; let me
    say. And until about a half-hour ago, I *was* angry only with web-sites which I
    presume had "jumped the gun". Now, however, I see the "official" Mozilla site
    *still* does not "have their s*it together", after (?) several "mods" to the
    site, on the purported release-date; Tuesday.

    Thank Diety I have Opera (v9 "beta" 1) as my Default browser.
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 30, 2005
  16. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:19:01 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <Vd6jf.193848$>, wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    [snip]

    >http://www.numenity.org/blog/2005/10/31/mozilla-site-changes/
    >
    >Lee

    Interesting. And still (this has been noted in that page's "Responses" section)
    there is no proper-link/url for downloading of v1.5. Drat :-(
    Vrodok the Troll, Nov 30, 2005
  17. Vrodok the Troll

    gwtc Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:25:31 -0800, in alt.fan.mozilla, gwtc
    > <>, by way of Message-id
    > <>, wrote:
    >

    >>Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>

    > [snip]
    >
    >>>Wait 1 dang minute. Since when has the "Mozilla" page/site been ".com" (instead
    >>>of the usual ".org")?

    >>This caught me too. Refresh the www.mozilla.org home page and you'll
    >>see whats going on.

    > Ah. However, I still wonder why the "switch".
    >
    > And *still*, on the download page (which is not indicated, still, via
    > http://www.mozilla.com/); http://www.mozilla.org/download.html, the "old"
    > (1.0.7) version is offered. Will newbies end up blundering thru, eventually,
    > only to end-up using an outdated release
    > (http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.0.7&os=win&lang=en-US)?
    >
    > I am not angry with you nor anybody else participating in this thread; let me
    > say. And until about a half-hour ago, I *was* angry only with web-sites which I
    > presume had "jumped the gun". Now, however, I see the "official" Mozilla site
    > *still* does not "have their s*it together", after (?) several "mods" to the
    > site, on the purported release-date; Tuesday.
    >
    > Thank Diety I have Opera (v9 "beta" 1) as my Default browser.

    I don't know what you're talking about. Mozilla.com has the 1.5
    download. Thats where I got it from. And Mozilla.org redirects you
    to the dot com site. And, on the dot org site, if you click on "All
    Products," then on the FF icon, it redirects you to the dot com site.

    As for the direct link, its:
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5/
    gwtc, Nov 30, 2005
  18. Vrodok the Troll

    Tony Raven Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    > I am not angry with you nor anybody else participating in this
    > thread; let me say. And until about a half-hour ago, I *was* angry
    > only with web-sites which I presume had "jumped the gun". Now,
    > however, I see the "official" Mozilla site *still* does not "have
    > their s*it together", after (?) several "mods" to the site, on the
    > purported release-date; Tuesday.

    What does it matter? Since the download 1.5 appears to be identical to
    RC3 there is no reason not to stick with RC3, which is available, as far
    as I can see.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham
    Tony Raven, Nov 30, 2005
  19. Vrodok the Troll

    Tony Raven Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >> Is it any different from RC3? The version number seems to be exactly
    >> the same when installed - its listed as Build 2005111116 in the header
    >> bar which is the same as RC3 IIRC.
    >>

    > No difference.

    So is it actually the 1.5 release or is it just that someone has found
    RC3 under a misleading file name on the FTP site? The file version
    number is the same, the build number is the same, the file size is the
    same. I haven't compared the code line by line but I would wager it too
    is the same.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham
    Tony Raven, Nov 30, 2005
  20. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:50:15 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Vrodok the Troll
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <>, wrote:

    >On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:19:01 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones
    ><>, by way of Message-id
    ><Vd6jf.193848$>, wrote:
    >
    >>Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    >[snip]
    >>

    >>http://www.numenity.org/blog/2005/10/31/mozilla-site-changes/
    >>
    >>Lee

    >Interesting. And still (this has been noted in that page's "Responses" section)
    >there is no proper-link/url for downloading of v1.5. Drat :-(

    "Problem" SOLVED.

    Went to http://www.mozilla.com/, put 'Proxomitron' into "bypass" mode,
    refreshed page, and....

    ..::: hangs head in shame... ::::