Has SecurStar been compromised?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Kevin OClassen, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Has SecurStar been compromised? My guess is "YES"!

    I purchased a SecurSurf account a while back, though I rarerly used it,
    mostly for surfing sites from the Middle East without inviting a visit from
    the JBGTs.

    However, a few weeks back, it simply stopped working.

    Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
    keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having been
    compromised, and the level of their customer service seems to have changed--
    no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.
    "Technicians" that seem to know nothing about security, SecurStar's
    products, or the actions of the company over the last year.

    The change in keys and SecuStar's refusal to respond to questions aboput the
    security of their system make me very suspicious. Maybe I just ran into a
    string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA, but for safety sake I
    have to assume they are, and SecurStar has been compromised.

    Null

    Kevin OClassen, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Kevin OClassen wrote:

    > Has SecurStar been compromised? My guess is "YES"!
    >
    > I purchased a SecurSurf account a while back, though I rarerly used it,

    There is no "SecurSurf", they're peddling for Privacy.LIE just like
    Privacy.LIE pushes SecurStar products. Along with evidence eliminator,
    if that tells you anything. Privacy.LIE even data mines for SecurStar in
    fact. We found out about that little "arrangement" last year. Not only
    does Privacy.LIE log traffic they claimed not to, they blatantly sell
    it to third parties. What a sterling example of a "privacy service",
    huh? Add to that the fact that Privacy.LIE posts personal information
    about their "enemies" on their web site for the purposes of inciting
    harassment against others (illegal in most jurisdictions), and you have
    a real good picture of the sort of lowlife scumbags Privacy.LIE really
    is. You don't even need to see how their puppets behave here.

    > However, a few weeks back, it simply stopped working.

    That's a good thing for SecurStar. Maybe they woke up for a bit. Maybe
    Adem tried to scam them too, so they dropped him like the bad habit
    he wishes he could be half of. I wouldn't be at all surprised
    Privacy.LIE tried ripping off a business partner, given the fact that
    Adem is a well known credit card fraudster and bank scam artist. I can
    see the slimy bastard begging like a girl to be taken back too.

    > Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
    > keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having been
    > compromised, and the level of their customer service seems to have changed--
    > no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.
    > "Technicians" that seem to know nothing about security, SecurStar's
    > products, or the actions of the company over the last year.
    >
    > The change in keys and SecuStar's refusal to respond to questions aboput the
    > security of their system make me very suspicious. Maybe I just ran into a
    > string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA, but for safety sake I
    > have to assume they are, and SecurStar has been compromised.

    If Johnny Law took down Privacy.LIE they wouldn't need to change any
    keys. They'd using the existing ones just so they wouldn't raise these
    types of suspicions. The fact that "SecurStar" won't respond tells me
    one of two things. Either there's some sort of business dealing they
    don't want you to know about, or you're really dealing with Privacy.LIE
    fuckwits using a SecurStar email address. Adem has a lot of irons in
    the fire. Lost of scams to keep track of. It's not surprising at all
    he'd neglect something that doesn't line his pockets today. He already
    has your money. No need to wast any more time on you. :(

    Of course there is that outside chance some incompetent TLA agent
    inadvertently destroyed Privacy.LIE's keys and had to generate a new
    set when the shiny new TLA honeypot came back on line. ;-)

    George Orwell, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Kevin OClassen

    Melic Guest

    > Then it started again -- but with an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SET of encryption
    > keys. SecurStar won't respond to the question about the server having
    > been compromised,

    I hope you did not ask them if they have been compromised because thats
    a pretty lame question, if they have they will be under some gagging
    order banning them from telling you.

    But you are just speculating, they may have changed the keys to improve
    their security or because some dozen more of possible reasons.

    > no responses, responses that are non sequiter, evasive, and so on.

    any over the last year.

    This level of customer service is disgusting I would ditch any service that
    does not reply to customer emails, not because they are unsafe but because
    the day you have some serious problems you are on your own,no need to pay
    for that.

    > Maybe I just ran into a
    > string of morons who *aren't* affiliated with LEA,

    Speculation, but all you know is that they changed their encryption keys
    and do not reply to emails.Maybe you are right, maybe not.

    You may find some information in privacy.li forums as SecurStar are simply
    resellers, it is probable that if they changed the encryption keys they
    also
    did for all privacy.li servers.

    Melic, Oct 4, 2006