    Any reccommendations for other critique based sites to upload photos to?

    Thanks
    Andrew.

    Nod, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Nod

    Nod Guest

    Yeah, OK. Point taken. But it certainly was in January 2002 when I first
    went there. I did write to Willis a few months ago with a few criticisms and
    got a lot of verbal back from him. I guess he's got his come-uppance now
    though. Know of any others?

    Regards
    Andrew

    Nod, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Nod

    Bryce Guest

    Heck, you could walk down the street and get better critiques than you could
    on photosig. You put a picture of an ugly fat chick chick up there and all
    the horn dogs will give it a 9 or a 10. You put a pic of something "artful"
    up there and it might get a 3.

    Be careful with online critiques. The critique is usually not worth much
    more than who is giving the critique. And since you don't know who is giving
    you the critique, how much do you really think it's worth?

    Bryce, Jul 17, 2003
  4. www.photoforum.ru
    www.usefilm.com
    www.photographer.ru

    Marcelo Guerra, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Nod

    Guest

    Nod <> wrote:
    : Hi there.
    : Just tried to get to photosig but It looks like it's down. Has the site
    : folded?

    : Any reccommendations for other critique based sites to upload photos to?

    : Thanks
    : Andrew.

    I just checked and I can get to the site from my work computer. There was a
    problem with sprint blocking a range of IP addresses that contained the IPs
    for both www.photosig.com and www.artsig.com, but sprint fixed that late
    last week.

    Ray

    --
    E. Ray Lemar

    , Jul 17, 2003
  6. Nod

    Rene Guest

    > Any reccommendations for other critique based sites to upload photos to?

    Before you upload any pics anywhere, you should carefully examine
    the terms and conditions of that party! Most of these socalled "critique
    based sites" force you to give them an eternal universal right-of-use
    which can go very far.
    I'm not implying in any way this is the case for you, but a lot of people
    upload pics on those sites out of some sort of photographic narcism.
    People are proud to see their pic on an 'official' looking site and don't
    realise they just gave their intellectual property away. And why? As
    said by other posters in this thread, the critiques are worth sh*t....

    I'd advise everybody to build their own website or homepage to
    display their best photo's. It is much more intimate, tailored to
    your style and photo's, no banners or irritating popups, and
    nobody to make rules!

    Grtx,

    Rene

    Rene, Jul 17, 2003