    Starkey Guest

    noticed last couple of weeks my dloads have been hovering around the
    10k mark, and world of warcraft ping has jumped from 300ms to 3000ms

    Starkey, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Starkey

    Mike_P Guest

    "Starkey" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > noticed last couple of weeks my dloads have been hovering around the
    > 10k mark, and world of warcraft ping has jumped from 300ms to 3000ms

    Yep... the 'System Status' message on the Home Page says "Users may
    currently be experiencing high latency and slower than normal downloads on
    BitStream DSL."

    This message has been up there for at least a week or more, so I wonder just
    how much longer they need to fix this problem. Downloads have now
    deteriorated to <6KB/sec... current download of the latest VLC player is
    crawling in at <3KB/sec. And don't even bother with P2P, WinMX just keeps
    timing out all the time.

    Mike_P

    Mike_P, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Starkey

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Mike_P wrote:
    > "Starkey" <> wrote in message
    >> noticed last couple of weeks my dloads have been hovering around the
    >> 10k mark, and world of warcraft ping has jumped from 300ms to 3000ms

    I've been getting pings of 4,500ms regularly playing Diablo 2, Lord of
    Destruction. Needless to say I can't do anything challenging and frankly
    it's getting tres boring. I still connect now and then but get bored after a
    wee while. I miss my gaming sessions.

    > Yep... the 'System Status' message on the Home Page says "Users may
    > currently be experiencing high latency and slower than normal
    > downloads on BitStream DSL."

    *May*? *Currently*? Try *have* *been* since UBS was released.

    > This message has been up there for at least a week or more, so I
    > wonder just how much longer they need to fix this problem. Downloads
    > have now deteriorated to <6KB/sec... current download of the latest
    > VLC player is crawling in at <3KB/sec. And don't even bother with
    > P2P, WinMX just keeps timing out all the time.

    What do you do when you aren't getting what you are paying for? I'm
    beginning to seriously consider. What a shame, Orcon seemed so promising.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Starkey

    Mike_P Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Mike_P wrote:
    >> "Starkey" <> wrote in message
    >>> noticed last couple of weeks my dloads have been hovering around the
    >>> 10k mark, and world of warcraft ping has jumped from 300ms to 3000ms

    > I've been getting pings of 4,500ms regularly playing Diablo 2, Lord of
    > Destruction. Needless to say I can't do anything challenging and frankly
    > it's getting tres boring. I still connect now and then but get bored after
    > wee while. I miss my gaming sessions.
    >
    >> Yep... the 'System Status' message on the Home Page says "Users may
    >> currently be experiencing high latency and slower than normal
    >> downloads on BitStream DSL."

    > *May*? *Currently*? Try *have* *been* since UBS was released.
    >
    >> This message has been up there for at least a week or more, so I
    >> wonder just how much longer they need to fix this problem. Downloads
    >> have now deteriorated to <6KB/sec... current download of the latest
    >> VLC player is crawling in at <3KB/sec. And don't even bother with
    >> P2P, WinMX just keeps timing out all the time.

    > What do you do when you aren't getting what you are paying for? I'm
    > beginning to seriously consider. What a shame, Orcon seemed so promising.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    What, complain.?
    I have voiced my disappointment with Orcon and am prepared to give them a
    reasonable amount of time and space to get their act together. But in the
    end what do you do.? I for one am under no illusion as to the root cause of
    the wholesale ADSL problems and do not see moving back to Telecom as a
    viable or sensible long-term alternative.

    Mike_P

    Mike_P, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Starkey

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:46:29 +1300, Mike_P wrote:

    > What, complain.?
    > I have voiced my disappointment with Orcon and am prepared to give them a
    > reasonable amount of time and space to get their act together. But in the
    > end what do you do.? I for one am under no illusion as to the root cause of
    > the wholesale ADSL problems and do not see moving back to Telecom as a
    > viable or sensible long-term alternative.

    THAT is the problem in a nut shell.

    Orcon may or may not be totally to blame for their now long term shit
    quality of service. But one thing we can ALL be sure of is that Telecom is
    deliberately sabotaging it to some extent.

    It is long overdue for the government to bring the hammer down on Telecom
    but fucking HARD.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "If your sexual fantasies were truly of interest to others, they would no longer be fantasies." -- Fran Lebowitz

    Note: All my comments are copyright 31/01/2005 1:39:02 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Jan 31, 2005
  6. Starkey

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:46:29 +1300, Mike_P wrote:
    >
    >> What, complain.?
    >> I have voiced my disappointment with Orcon and am prepared to give
    >> them a reasonable amount of time and space to get their act
    >> together. But in the end what do you do.? I for one am under no
    >> illusion as to the root cause of the wholesale ADSL problems and do
    >> not see moving back to Telecom as a viable or sensible long-term
    >> alternative.

    > THAT is the problem in a nut shell.
    >
    > Orcon may or may not be totally to blame for their now long term shit
    > quality of service. But one thing we can ALL be sure of is that
    > Telecom is deliberately sabotaging it to some extent.
    >
    > It is long overdue for the government to bring the hammer down on
    > Telecom but fucking HARD.

    A-fucken-men!
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 31, 2005
  7. Starkey

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in news:3662tcF4udse5U1
    @individual.net:

    > Brendan wrote:
    >> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:46:29 +1300, Mike_P wrote:
    >>
    >>> What, complain.?
    >>> I have voiced my disappointment with Orcon and am prepared to give
    >>> them a reasonable amount of time and space to get their act
    >>> together. But in the end what do you do.? I for one am under no
    >>> illusion as to the root cause of the wholesale ADSL problems and do
    >>> not see moving back to Telecom as a viable or sensible long-term
    >>> alternative.

    >> THAT is the problem in a nut shell.
    >>
    >> Orcon may or may not be totally to blame for their now long term shit
    >> quality of service. But one thing we can ALL be sure of is that
    >> Telecom is deliberately sabotaging it to some extent.
    >>
    >> It is long overdue for the government to bring the hammer down on
    >> Telecom but fucking HARD.

    > A-fucken-men!
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I agree, and I have Telstra Clear cable because I did not want any
    telecom products in my house.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 1, 2005