Has NZ Sold out to the Yanks..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mary Hanna, Nov 26, 2009.

  1. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Mary Hanna, Nov 26, 2009

  2. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:40:35 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    wrote:

    >Replay Radio.
    >
    >Nine to Noon
    >
    >http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/
    >
    >Colin discusses ACTA the secret treaty that the government is negotiating
    >about your rights on the Internet. (duration: 14'53?)

    I have just listened to this. Obviously there is some very dirty
    dealing going on to advance the interests of a few greedy people at
    the expense of the rest of us. Anyone who values their civil rights
    should be extremely concerned.

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Nov 28, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    hellicopter Guest

    Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:40:35 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Replay Radio.
    >>
    >>Nine to Noon
    >>
    >>http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/
    >>
    >>Colin discusses ACTA the secret treaty that the government is negotiating
    >>about your rights on the Internet. (duration: 14'53?)
    >>

    > I have just listened to this. Obviously there is some very dirty
    > dealing going on to advance the interests of a few greedy people at
    > the expense of the rest of us. Anyone who values their civil rights
    > should be extremely concerned.

    We don't have rights in NZ. Most acts of parliament over rule
    the Human Rights Act. The Human Rights commission isn't
    a body defending Human Rights abuses because most abuses
    internationally are by government, and this department of
    government involves itself in the standardization of human
    rights of all government departments. So if they make a wrong
    call about human rights,
    turns out their the people you go to fight the wrong
    interpretation of human right protections most likely
    wrote it!!!!

    So if you have a human rights problem, a real one, and
    you take it to the commission they will gain bonus points
    for settling the case, but if you have a bogus claim
    (valid also but exposes the government as an abuser) as
    its against their previous stance then
    you won't get a day in court, or nothing, or some
    white wash tribunal. Because the
    'government' knows what is or is not a human right!!
    That's just stupid. Governments are the major abusers
    of human rights!

    Which is a fundamental problem since the Human Rights
    Charter clearly sets out that government need to provide
    citizens with due process. How is stacking the Human
    Rights arena with a government funded organization that
    sets the Human Rights standard of the government and
    hides any cases that were won! How are we to grow
    a Human Rights social understanding if they dictate
    what is Human Rights, and cover up any cases where
    government was found wanting! Hardly a society
    of understanding of Human Rights when government
    never gets taken to court and exposed!

    So don't expect anything but a dirty game from the
    big parties, Its not National good Labour bad, or
    Labour good, National bad, its Labour and National
    sweeping their common problems under the carpet
    when it comes to Human Rights Abuses.

    Child poverty is a direct result of the Human Rights
    Commission shuting out the concerns of the poorest in
    New Zealand. Could a man with a legitimate case
    for ACC compensation have been sent to jail unless
    the ACC knew the the HRC was NOT a feckless road. No!
    And do we get to hear about that abuse? A half minute
    sound bite on the TV. But not one page on the HRC
    website declaring the case history of such obvious
    breaches of Human Rights.

    hellicopter, Nov 28, 2009
  4. From Fry Up

    http://www.fairfaxbm.tx.co.nz/tp/view/email/tep34j164472s3f1n459870c288721z

    What’s the problem again?
    You know how lobbyists for rights holders and similar people point to
    “rampant piracy” as the reason why we need to ditch inconvenient
    things like basic civil liberties and reverse centuries of
    jurisprudence that say we’re innocent until proven guilty and not the
    other way round?

    Those claims have never been backed up with solid figures, and
    evidence is mounting up that the piracy allegations are lies, plain
    and simple.

    What’s more, the entertainment industry isn’t doing too shabbily
    despite the worst recession in decades. In fact, NZ FACT and the likes
    call the New Zealand film and TV industry “burgeoning”, saying it
    contributes “an immense $2.5 billion” to the national economy.

    The music industry seems to be doing rather nicely, thankyouverymuchly
    too, judging by annual reports such as the APRA/AMCOS one for 2009
    that show turnover and distributable income going up “in a difficult
    year”.

    Tell me again why we need draconian laws to police and terminate
    internet users’ accounts? Explain why the New Zealand public should
    put up with secret counterfeiting/copyright talks that could see
    overseas interests dictate our laws when there appears to be no need
    for such things.

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Nov 28, 2009