    another term.

    --
    Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

    Nigel Crompton, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Nigel Crompton wrote:
    > Does this mean we have been struck off eBay? Retaliation for our
    > Anti-nuke stance by a reinvigorated right-wing now that Shrub is in for
    > another term.

    whoa dude, take off the tinfoil hat, it's just another auction site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Nigel Crompton

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:04 +1300, Nigel Crompton <> wrote:

    >I only occasionally dip into eBayNZ but have done so because it had the
    >option of only seeing sellers who were prepared to ship worldwide, which
    >saves a lot of hassles negotiating with drips who thinks it's at the
    >other end of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
    >
    >However, I just went to
    >
    >http://pages.ebay.com/nz/index.html?ssPageName=HNZ01

    ebay.co.nz works, as does the one above but with a little box to the side:
    " Page not found The eBay page you are looking for can't be found. It may have
    moved, or it may no longer be available. Please try one of the options below:"

    There's always ebay.com with a NZ location search.

    Invisible, Nov 14, 2004
  4. It seems like Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:04 +1300 was when Nigel Crompton
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >However, I just went to
    >
    >http://pages.ebay.com/nz/index.html?ssPageName=HNZ01

    Works for me, as of when I post this message.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 15, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    > Nigel Crompton wrote:
    > > Does this mean we have been struck off eBay? Retaliation for our
    > > Anti-nuke stance by a reinvigorated right-wing now that Shrub is in for
    > > another term.

    > whoa dude, take off the tinfoil hat, it's just another auction site.

    Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
    to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
    avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
    good-ol-boy that NZ exists.

    Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
    honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.

    There must be a reason for the change......

    --
    Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

    Nigel Crompton, Nov 16, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
    > to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
    > avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
    > good-ol-boy that NZ exists.
    >
    > Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
    > honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.
    >
    > There must be a reason for the change......
    >
    > --
    > Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

    That 'feature' never bloody worked for me. I tried to use it dozens of
    times and most of the replies I got for my search would ship US only
    anyhow. _Maybe_ that's why they dumped it: because their code didn't
    work, or because their sellers were too dumb to answer the question
    correctly so the search engine would be able to process it.

    -Peter

    --
    ***************
    direct replies to peters[underscore]spambot[at]

    Peter Huebner, Nov 16, 2004
  7. It seems like Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:02:25 +1300 was when Nigel Crompton
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
    >to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
    >avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
    >good-ol-boy that NZ exists.

    I always had a hard time actually finding the things I wanted that on
    ebay were set to ship worldwide.

    Instead, I just did a normal search including things only shipping to
    the USA, and 8/10 cases, the seller would be happy to ship to New
    Zealand.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 16, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    > > Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
    > > to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
    > > avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
    > > good-ol-boy that NZ exists.
    > >
    > > Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
    > > honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.
    > >
    > > There must be a reason for the change......
    > >
    > > --
    > > Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

    > That 'feature' never bloody worked for me. I tried to use it dozens of
    > times and most of the replies I got for my search would ship US only
    > anyhow. _Maybe_ that's why they dumped it: because their code didn't
    > work, or because their sellers were too dumb to answer the question
    > correctly so the search engine would be able to process it.

    Someone also commented that <http://www.ebay.co.nz> was still available.
    I just had a shufti.....the first item I checked out, a pair of Harman
    Kardon USB speakers is selling from Georgia, to United States only.

    Sheesh....!!

    --
    Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

    Nigel Crompton, Nov 16, 2004
  9. Nigel Crompton

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:35:45 +1300, Nigel Crompton <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >
    >> > Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
    >> > to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
    >> > avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
    >> > good-ol-boy that NZ exists.
    >> >
    >> > Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
    >> > honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.
    >> >
    >> > There must be a reason for the change......
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

    >> That 'feature' never bloody worked for me. I tried to use it dozens of
    >> times and most of the replies I got for my search would ship US only
    >> anyhow. _Maybe_ that's why they dumped it: because their code didn't
    >> work, or because their sellers were too dumb to answer the question
    >> correctly so the search engine would be able to process it.

    >Someone also commented that <http://www.ebay.co.nz> was still available.
    >I just had a shufti.....the first item I checked out, a pair of Harman
    >Kardon USB speakers is selling from Georgia, to United States only.
    >
    >Sheesh....!!

    We mustn't be important enough.... ebay.co.uk has radio buttons for "Items in
    the UK" and "Items worldwide". Could've sworn it used to be on the NZ site as
    well.

    Invisible, Nov 17, 2004
  10. Nigel Crompton

    Guest