    images.

    Anyone have any feedback?

    - Harrison.

    Skymuffins, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Skymuffins

    fake name Guest

    In article <>,
    "Skymuffins" <> wrote:

    > http://www.smartdisk.com
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is worth it. It seems like a
    > better alternative that lugging a notebook PC into the field to store
    > images.
    >
    > Anyone have any feedback?

    isn't it cheaper (and more stylish) to get an iPod? yes, you can get a
    Belkin card reader for iPod.

    fake name, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Skymuffins

    Chris Quinn Guest

    I bought one a few weeks ago and am impressed with it so far - I intend to
    use it on diving trips - earlier this year I took a laptop to Egypt with me
    and was overweight. The smartdisk will fit in my pocket and will hold
    1000's of photos - more than enough for myself and my room-mate (I also
    bought the multi-card adaptor), and I can take a lot of mp3's with me for on
    the plane and in the hotel

    Chris Quinn, Dec 15, 2003
  4. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:42:01 +0000, fake name wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > "Skymuffins" <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.smartdisk.com
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is worth it. It seems
    >> like a better alternative that lugging a notebook PC into the field to
    >> store images.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any feedback?

    > isn't it cheaper (and more stylish) to get an iPod? yes, you can get a
    > Belkin card reader for iPod.

    The flashtrax smartdisk has a number of useful looking features - it
    provides viewing of your images (including various manufacturer RAW
    formats) and movies, TV output, and is generally quite a photographer
    friendly device. It's unarguably better than the iPod in this regard, and
    it also plays music.

    Whether it's worth the price is another matter - I have no interest in an
    iPod, but I'd quite like one of these things. That's not necessarily to
    say I'd be willing to pay for one though....

    Mike.

    Mike Brodbelt, Dec 15, 2003