    this, your input would be greatly appreciated....

    Thanks in advance,
    Clem
    Clement Kim, Jan 26, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Clement Kim <> wrote:
    :If so, please share your incredible knowledge. I have a Cisco 2600
    :Series router and I added VPN accelerator card. We are using NAT
    :behind the 2600. My WAN guy is going nuts trying to create a VPN
    :tunnel between the Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41. We upgraded the
    :Linksys BEFSX41 to the most recent firmware (1.45.3). Neither Linksys
    :nor Cisco has been able to help us. If anyone has successfully done
    :this, your input would be greatly appreciated....

    It isn't easy to find information on this -- lots of false hits.

    In the following posting, someone was trying the same thing:

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Firewalls/Q_20743317.html

    They gave up and put a Netgear FVL328 in and that worked first time.
    --
    Inevitably, someone will flame me about this .signature.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Clement Kim

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:56:09 -0600, Clement Kim wrote:

    > If so, please share your incredible knowledge. I have a Cisco 2600
    > Series router and I added VPN accelerator card. We are using NAT behind
    > the 2600. My WAN guy is going nuts trying to create a VPN tunnel between
    > the Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41. We upgraded the Linksys BEFSX41 to
    > the most recent firmware (1.45.3). Neither Linksys nor Cisco has been
    > able to help us. If anyone has successfully done this, your input would
    > be greatly appreciated....
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Clem

    Lets look at some debugs:

    debug cry ipsec
    debug cry isa

    Might shed some light.
    Rik Bain, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Clement Kim

    hazardous Guest

    In theory as long as both boxes are using the same specs they should
    connect.

    You may have to experiment a bit. I've found that some VPN routers
    although have the same specs some things don't match with other
    routers. For instance on an Intel Netstructure VPN router you can't
    use the PFS setting against a Nortel Contivity, for some reason they
    don't match. I found with some Cisco VPN routers you could not do IP
    to IP for the security association. IE: 192.168.1.1 -> 192.168.2.5 (I
    had to do subnet to subnet to establish the tunnel properly)

    By playing around I was able to get the Intel VPN router to connect
    to:
    Sonicwall TELE/SOHO
    Netgear
    Netopia
    Linksys BEFVP41/SX41
    Watchguard
    Smoothwall
    Cisco Pix/and broadband VPN's
    Nortel Contivity
    Netscreen
    Synmantec 100R and 200r - Pain in the ass though
    Merilus Firecard

    If you want send me a snapshot of your LINKSYS log when you're trying
    to connect and I may be able to help you out. Blank out your IP info.
    I just need the error msg's.

    hazardous, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Here is how to set up a BEFVP41 to a Cisco 1720, but they should be exactly
    the same as what you are trying to do.

    http://kb.linksys.com/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=373784&QuestionText=vpn%20cisco&SelectName1=&advquery=%5bs%5d%5bRank%2c%2050%3a%5bSum%3a%20vpn%20cisco%5d%5bMerge%3a%20%5bThesaurus%3a%20vpn%20cisco%5d%5d%5d&infobase=linksysrev.nfo&record={425}&softpage=IKW_ENU_JDocView

    Hope this helps!

    Thanks

    Unnar

    Unnar Gardarsson, Feb 8, 2004