    searching, downloading and exploring Usenet newsgroups. Discover a universe
    beyond the webT."

    Anyone tried it?
    Beady, Aug 25, 2009

  2. Beady

    Guest

    "Beady" <> wrote:

    >service includes free software for
    >searching, downloading and exploring Usenet newsgroups. Discover a universe
    >beyond the webT."

    Posted by O.E. - real cutting edge...

    And webT appears to be a radio station licensed to serve Langdale,
    Alabama, USA.
    --

    Are you black? If so, www.365black.com - this Mac's for you.
    , Aug 25, 2009

  3. Beady

    VanguardLH Guest

    Beady wrote:

    > http://www.binverse.com/
    >
    > Says..............
    > "Binverse is your all in one stop for enjoying the global Usenet network!
    > Access a world of messages posted by other members including messages with
    > pictures, videos, etc. Your Binverse service includes free software for
    > searching, downloading and exploring Usenet newsgroups. Discover a universe
    > beyond the webT."
    >
    > Anyone tried it?

    They include software but that's not what they're selling. It's just
    another Usenet provider. I haven't ever seen anyone discussing
    "Binverse" software (which, by the way, only supports Windows - you
    never mentioned your OS) in the news.software.readers group so
    apparently no one has used or cares for that NNTP client. You can use
    whatever newsreader you want with their Usenet *service*.

    You never stated whether you want only text groups or want to include
    binaries (for your personal "entertainment"). If all you need are text
    groups, you certainly don't need to pay for it as there are free and
    reliable text-only group NNTP servers available, or much cheaper paid
    services for text-only groups.
    VanguardLH, Aug 25, 2009
  4. Beady

    Beady Guest

    I appreciate all replies so far - thanks to all :)

    You will find this service advertised here http://www.annexcafe.com/ (Blue
    banner near the top of the page)

    I personally have *no* connection with this promotion in any way. However, I
    do have a suspicion that Annex/Annexcafe may not be quite as it seems on the
    surface, so would not be too surprised to learn that this is a scam.
    Beady, Aug 25, 2009
  5. Beady (socking puppet) wrote:

    > I appreciate all replies so far - thanks to all :)

    Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2009
  6. Beady

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:13:20 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >You really expect anyone to use 30gigs a month? That might happen if you downloaded a ton of videos
    >and mp3's all day long.

    "Ton of videos"? You mean like.. Oh, I don't know. Just over 6 at 4.7
    GB each for a DVD?
    Evan Platt, Aug 25, 2009
  7. Beady

    Beady Guest

    > Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    Correct.

    Do you require a prize?
    Beady, Aug 25, 2009
  8. Beady

    VanguardLH Guest

    Van Chocstraw wrote:

    > Beady wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.binverse.com/
    >>
    >> Anyone tried it?

    > Looks like a con job.

    Yeah, you have to wonder about a *commercial* Usenet service site that
    needs to HIDE behind a private domain registration at GoDaddy. It makes
    them immediately look suspicious.
    VanguardLH, Aug 25, 2009
  9. Beady

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:h70vks$hp8$-september.org "Beady"
    <> wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message news:h70s83$qal$-september.org...
    >>
    >> Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.
    >>

    > Correct.
    >
    > Do you require a prize?

    A new entry for his killfile?

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Aug 25, 2009
  10. Beady

    VanguardLH Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Beady (socking puppet) wrote:
    >
    >> I appreciate all replies so far - thanks to all :)

    > Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    So what is BoaterDave's other nyms? Time to update my killfile.
    VanguardLH, Aug 25, 2009
  11. Beady

    VanguardLH Guest

    Beady wrote:

    >> Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    > Correct.
    >
    > Do you require a prize?

    But you do in continuing to be a nymshifter. You know why others avoid
    you as BoaterDave, so now you hide under another name. If I had known
    or checked, I wouldn't have bothered with your post.
    VanguardLH, Aug 25, 2009
  12. Beady

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:23:06 +0100, "Beady" <> wrote:

    >"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.
    >>

    >Correct.
    >
    >Do you require a prize?

    How about you stop morphing? Some of us (tinu) don't want to be bothered.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sock puppet

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Aug 25, 2009
  13. Beady

    Beady Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Beady (socking puppet) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I appreciate all replies so far - thanks to all :)

    >> Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    > So what is BoaterDave's other nyms? Time to update my killfile

    I'm still not sure why this is important to you.

    I'm BoaterDave, BD, BD2, ~BD~, imbeady2 and Beady

    Not really trying to hide, am I?

    The posting name is totally irrelevant - easy to forge. The 'header'
    information is irrelevant too - easily forged by those who know how.

    --
    Dave
    Beady, Aug 25, 2009
  14. Beady (the multiple nym) wrote:

    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    >> So what is BoaterDave's other nyms? Time to update my killfile

    > I'm still not sure why this is important to you.
    >
    > I'm BoaterDave, BD, BD2, ~BD~, imbeady2 and Beady
    >
    > Not really trying to hide, am I?

    Sure looks like it to me. Why would anyone need six nyms, except to
    hide?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2009
  15. Beady

    VanguardLH Guest

    Beady wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote ...
    >>
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >>> Beady is BoaterDave, or ~BD~, or several others.

    >> So what is BoaterDave's other nyms? Time to update my killfile

    > I'm still not sure why this is important to you.

    Background noise filtering, same reason as eliminating Google Groupers
    in the non-Microsoft newsgroups. Similarly, if you wish, you can update
    your noise filtering to eliminate seeing my posts; however, I don't
    nymshift so you won't have to update your rule once defined.

    > I'm BoaterDave, BD, BD2, ~BD~, imbeady2 and Beady
    > Not really trying to hide, am I?

    Would "obfuscating your identity" be more to your liking?

    > The posting name is totally irrelevant - easy to forge. The 'header'
    > information is irrelevant too - easily forged by those who know how.

    Not interested in reading posts by forgers, either. If I'm plonking a
    unwanted poster, I certainly won't give a gnat's fart about an imposter
    of that unwanted poster.
    VanguardLH, Aug 26, 2009
  16. Beady

    > Beady wrote:
    >

    > Would "obfuscating your identity" be more to your liking?

    Maybe - but I really have nothing to hide! I'd be interested to hear how one
    might do as you suggest.

    >> The posting name is totally irrelevant - easy to forge. The 'header'
    >> information is irrelevant too - easily forged by those who know how.

    > Not interested in reading posts by forgers, either. If I'm plonking a
    > unwanted poster, I certainly won't give a gnat's fart about an imposter
    > of that unwanted poster.

    You have given me much helpful information over the last year or two,
    VanguardLH - for which I thank you.

    I had no intention of irritating you - or anyone else on the
    24hoursupport.helpdesk. I apologise for so doing.

    I'll stick with Beady for now if that helps everyone (but if I post from
    Google Groups my nym will still be broadcast as BoaterDave)

    --
    Dave
    Beady, Aug 26, 2009
  17. Beady wrote:

    > I'll stick with Beady for now if that helps everyone (but if I post
    > from Google Groups my nym will still be broadcast as BoaterDave)

    Why don't you just use BoaterDave everywhere? Why obfuscate at all?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2009
  18. Beady

    Beady Guest

    > Beady wrote:
    >
    >> I'll stick with Beady for now if that helps everyone (but if I post
    >> from Google Groups my nym will still be broadcast as BoaterDave)

    > Why don't you just use BoaterDave everywhere? Why obfuscate at all?
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    The reason I used different nyms, as you call them, was because I was
    experimenting with using different newsservers and wanted to be able to
    recognise quickly from which one I'd posted in a thread.

    Many posts I made from what is now Eternal-September never made it to the
    Microsoft newsservers _ I still do not understand why that is. Mike Easter
    was investigating but drew a blank as far as I recall.

    I hope that helps you understand.

    Folk often responded to posts I've made over the years using BD as a
    shorthand for BoaterDave - rather like I call FromTheRafters ........ FTR.
    It is only recently that I became aware that by changing my nym would
    automatically nullify a killfile action by others.

    You have helped me a lot and I really do not want to be on your killfile
    list, BTS! :)

    --
    Dave
    Beady, Aug 26, 2009
  19. Beady wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Beady wrote:
    >>> I'll stick with Beady for now if that helps everyone (but if I post
    >>> from Google Groups my nym will still be broadcast as BoaterDave)

    >> Why don't you just use BoaterDave everywhere? Why obfuscate at all?

    > The reason I used different nyms, as you call them,

    Short for pseudonym.

    > was because I was experimenting with using different newsservers and
    > wanted to be able to recognise quickly from which one I'd posted in a
    > thread.

    Ok, now that you've got that sorted out, pick one and stick with it.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2009
  20. Beady

    Beady Guest

    > Beady wrote:

    >>> Why don't you just use BoaterDave everywhere? Why obfuscate at all?

    >> The reason I used different nyms, as you call them,

    > Short for pseudonym.

    Doh! Thanks! :)

    >> was because I was experimenting with using different newsservers and
    >> wanted to be able to recognise quickly from which one I'd posted in a
    >> thread.

    > Ok, now that you've got that sorted out, pick one and stick with it.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    OK - I'll stick with Beady (on this group anyway!)

    Btw - I took note of your 'signature' and bought an iMac earlier this year.
    Unfortunately, that's at home and I've only a basic Windows XP laptop here
    on my boat! :(

    --
    Dave
    Beady, Aug 26, 2009