    Gareth C Guest

    Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and maitaining
    a server environment ?

    Gareth C, May 29, 2006

  2. Setup 3 servers and get a good book. I've had good luck with QUE books.
    (ISBN 0789729350)
    Experience makes the test so much easier, so make sure and practice practice
    practice.

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, May 29, 2006

  3. Gareth C

    AJR Guest

    After spending a lot of time at the local Barnes and Noble bookstore - and
    shelling out for several books (about five) - I found the following two to
    be great.
    For the 70-290 exam: Microsoft Press "Windows Server 2003 Administrator's
    Pocket Consultant" - not a study guide but as good as any at a decent price.
    For the 70-291 exam: Sybex "MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network
    Infrastructure Implementation, Management and Maintenance Study Guide
    (70-291)" (A mouthful) - includes about eight movie clips and five
    simulations.

    AJR, May 29, 2006
  4. Hi Gareth,

    I passed the exam 70-290 last week. My study material consisted mainly of
    experience and the Microsoft Press book which I quite liked.

    Good luck and let us know how you do!

    Mitch
    --
    MDG, MCSA

    Montreal MCSA, May 29, 2006
  5. Really?? I've found the QUE books have become basically useless over the
    last few years.

    --
    ..rev - mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], May 30, 2006
  6. I got way more from the MS Press books than QUE.

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, May 30, 2006
  7. Whats the pass mark these days? Around 700?
    Im taking 70-290 next week. Any last minute advice?
    cheers
    GnJ

    GoodNightJones, Jun 3, 2006