    (T620)

    Would appreciate any feedback from people who have used any of this
    software.
    Carwyn Hollett, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Hi, sensible post, this one - ask first!

    There is really only a few items where I can contribute, VMWare5 is released
    as x64 compatible, and has received much praise, I believe. Many claim they
    are having trouble making Acrobat locate their printer, making them go for
    all sorts of PDF aware alternatives - and here we touch upon, perhaps, the
    prime question, that you forgot to list. . .your printer(s)! O.K. - That's
    on the Hardware list.

    Personally, I have had no issues at all with Acrobat Reader, and my printer
    is a HP PSC, and they make a brilliant team. Nero works fine, except for
    'InCD', which isn't supported quite yet.

    If you decide to go along with this, do take care to investigate what
    Hardware the OS supports and then build/purchase your system according to
    that, quite a number of people have lost hair and money over driver and BIOS
    issues. Me? I just jumped in head first and got lucky!

    Last thing - get aquainted with 'PlanetAMD64.com' indispensable source for
    every one of us, I'm sure.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Both Nero 6 and the upcoming 7 work.
    Haven't tried InCD.
    Acrobat reader 7.03 works fine.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 13, 2005
  4. the AV is probably not going to work, but they may have an x64 version.
    Don't know about LANDesk. The Wise packager should work fine, assuming it's
    purely 32bit (wise had some 16 bit legacy for a while, but I don't know
    versions. Assuming this is fairly current, you should be fine.) VMWare 5.0
    works on x64 as a host. And version 5.5 (in beta, at RC stage), you can have
    x64 guests. It appears to work just fine. Nero works well, except the InCD
    thing. Acrobat reader is no issue. If you want to print to Acrobat, you'll
    have to go a non-Adobe route. (there are good ones out there that work with
    x64.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 13, 2005
  5. Thanks to all for the feed back. will give it a go over the next few weeks
    and provide feedback to group.

    Carwyn Hollett, Oct 13, 2005