    I'm interested to learn how to use speech to text software because I don't
    seem to be able to tipe very fast, and my pellin gis not so good.

    Anybody got any experience with this softwere?
    james, Jan 5, 2005

  2. james

    SA Guest

    Try dragon dictate or dragon naturally speaking. I don't have web sites for
    those, but try Google.

    SA, Jan 5, 2005

  3. james

    james Guest

    "SA" <> wrote in message
    > Try dragon dictate or dragon naturally speaking. I don't have web sites
    > for those, but try Google.
    > "james" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm interested to learn how to use speech to text software because I
    >> don't seem to be able to tipe very fast, and my pellin gis not so good.
    >>
    >> Anybody got any experience with this softwere?

    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    james, Jan 5, 2005
  4. james

    Wanderer Guest

    "james" <> wrote:

    >I'm interested to learn how to use speech to text software because I don't
    >seem to be able to tipe very fast, and my pellin gis not so good.
    >
    >Anybody got any experience with this softwere?

    http://shopper-search.cnet.com/sear...bj=dragon_software&part=google1-cnet&tag=9070

    I have a relative who highly recommends this. I don't know why, I don't
    ask why.

    I've tried a few out from curiosity and every 3rd word is wrong w/out
    training the voice rec. software like a babe in the woods.

    Then again, if I was forced to type with one hand or less (and I have)
    this software is less painful to train than most from what I've heard.

    This is complete hearsay. What I hear, I occasionally say.

    Wanderer, Jan 5, 2005
  5. james

    Smoker Guest

    http://shopper-search.cnet.com/search?qt=dragon software&subj=dragon_softwar
    e&part=google1-cnet&tag=9070

    > I have a relative who highly recommends this. I don't know why, I don't
    > ask why.
    >
    > I've tried a few out from curiosity and every 3rd word is wrong w/out
    > training the voice rec. software like a babe in the woods.
    >
    > Then again, if I was forced to type with one hand or less (and I have)
    > this software is less painful to train than most from what I've heard.
    >
    > This is complete hearsay. What I hear, I occasionally say.

    A text to speech app came free with my Creative 2x CD-ROM drive years ago.
    It didn't need taught anything unless you cared about perfection. Words like
    podiatrist sounded funny but you knew what he was saying and there was 4
    voice tones you could use plus teach it if you wanted, how to pronounce
    syllables instead of how they looked. It was okay to remind you of
    appointments and stuff, not someone you'd enjoy having a conversation with.
    For being free it was decent. Sorry to see progress hasn't gotten very far
    since those early days.
    Smoker, Jan 5, 2005
  6. james

    james Guest

    "Smoker" <> wrote in message news:xPOCd.22767$152.8621@trndny01...

    > "Wanderer" <> wrote in message
    >> "james" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I'm interested to learn how to use speech to text software because I

    > don't
    >> >seem to be able to tipe very fast, and my pellin gis not so good.
    >> >
    >> >Anybody got any experience with this softwere?
    >> >

    > http://shopper-search.cnet.com/search?qt=dragon software&subj=dragon_softwar
    > e&part=google1-cnet&tag=9070
    >>
    >> I have a relative who highly recommends this. I don't know why, I don't
    >> ask why.
    >>
    >> I've tried a few out from curiosity and every 3rd word is wrong w/out
    >> training the voice rec. software like a babe in the woods.
    >>
    >> Then again, if I was forced to type with one hand or less (and I have)
    >> this software is less painful to train than most from what I've heard.
    >>
    >> This is complete hearsay. What I hear, I occasionally say.
    >>

    > A text to speech app came free with my Creative 2x CD-ROM drive years ago.
    > It didn't need taught anything unless you cared about perfection. Words
    > like
    > podiatrist sounded funny but you knew what he was saying and there was 4
    > voice tones you could use plus teach it if you wanted, how to pronounce
    > syllables instead of how they looked. It was okay to remind you of
    > appointments and stuff, not someone you'd enjoy having a conversation
    > with.
    > For being free it was decent. Sorry to see progress hasn't gotten very far
    > since those early days.

    Hi Smoker,

    Thats interesting but I'm talking about a speech to text applicatoin which
    means you speak and the computer types. :) Your talking about something that
    does the opposite job.

    james, Jan 5, 2005
  7. james

    Wanderer Guest

    (Wanderer) wrote:

    >"james" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm interested to learn how to use speech to text software because I don't
    >>seem to be able to tipe very fast, and my pellin gis not so good.
    >>
    >>Anybody got any experience with this softwere?
    >>

    >http://shopper-search.cnet.com/sear...bj=dragon_software&part=google1-cnet&tag=9070
    >
    >I have a relative who highly recommends this. I don't know why, I don't
    >ask why.
    >
    >I've tried a few out from curiosity and every 3rd word is wrong w/out
    >training the voice rec. software like a babe in the woods.
    >
    >Then again, if I was forced to type with one hand or less (and I have)
    >this software is less painful to train than most from what I've heard.

    www.scansoft.com
    Invest. Yadayadaya... or not.
    Shoo... Voice recognition translated to speech or vice versa. I'm
    going to assume they do it both ways equally well.

    I believe Office 2003 has voice rec. software Embedded. Worth taking a
    look at :)

    That could require some real traning time.

    Wanderer, Jan 6, 2005