Has any one found a Vista replacment for Hyperterminal??

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Howard Huntley, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
    Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??
    Howard Huntley, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Howard Huntley <> writes:
    >I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
    >Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

    SecureCRT has never let me down, and faster SSH client that Putty.

    Or, you could download Hyperterminal still if you want that POS, the
    only reason I can think of people using it is that its bundled with
    Windows. There's no other good reason why to.
    Doug McIntyre, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Howard Huntley

    Trendkill Guest

    On Apr 12, 6:24 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Howard Huntley <> writes:
    > >I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
    > >Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

    > SecureCRT has never let me down, and faster SSH client that Putty.
    >
    > Or, you could download Hyperterminal still if you want that POS, the
    > only reason I can think of people using it is that its bundled with
    > Windows. There's no other good reason why to.

    Agreed, SecureCRT is worth every penny, but Putty is a solid (and
    free) back-up for any telnet/ssh/etc.
    Trendkill, Apr 13, 2007
  4. Howard Huntley

    Mike W. Guest

    "Howard Huntley" <> wrote in message
    >I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
    > Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

    TeraTerm Pro .... I swear by it.

    Google it and you'll find it for download
    Mike W., Apr 24, 2007
  5. Howard Huntley

    the_Muttster Guest

    On Apr 24, 12:28 pm, "Mike W." <> wrote:
    > "Howard Huntley" <> wrote in message

    > >I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
    > > Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

    > TeraTerm Pro .... I swear by it.
    >
    > Google it and you'll find it for download

    The Pro version is slow to connect for me so I prefer the original
    Tera Term.
    the_Muttster, Apr 25, 2007