    media center os.

    And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a Shrek
    DVD using DVD decrypter

    Jedmeister, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Jedmeister

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    news:4MuZd.9760$...
    > Was in harvey normans today, and they had a widescreen lcd setup running
    > xp media center os.
    >
    > And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a Shrek
    > DVD using DVD decrypter

    LOL
    Cheeky buggers. They also have a stack of MP3 files.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 15, 2005

  3. E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>Was in harvey normans today, and they had a widescreen lcd setup running
    >>xp media center os.
    >>And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a Shrek
    >>DVD using DVD decrypter

    > LOL
    > Cheeky buggers. They also have a stack of MP3 files.

    The Dunedin store does on the iMac down the back :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Jedmeister

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > >>Was in harvey normans today, and they had a widescreen lcd setup running
    > >>xp media center os.
    > >>And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a

    Shrek
    > >>DVD using DVD decrypter

    > > LOL
    > > Cheeky buggers. They also have a stack of MP3 files.

    > The Dunedin store does on the iMac down the back :)

    That's the outfit I was thinking of. Last time it was mentioned some people
    claimed they would've done a deal with music companies like a radio
    station... all very doubtful. Any deals would only include the playing of
    original CDs instead of MP3 copies imo.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 15, 2005
  5. Jedmeister

    Axle Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    > Shrek

    >>>LOL
    >>>Cheeky buggers. They also have a stack of MP3 files.

    >>The Dunedin store does on the iMac down the back :)

    > That's the outfit I was thinking of. Last time it was mentioned some people
    > claimed they would've done a deal with music companies like a radio
    > station... all very doubtful. Any deals would only include the playing of
    > original CDs instead of MP3 copies imo.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    The music companies have a single agent which collects the revenue.

    If the store owns the source CDs they are allowed to copy them for the
    purpose of public performance, all they have to pay is the ppnz levy for
    the store, which they have to pay regardless of what music source they use.
    If someone else provides the tracks they pay the jukebox licensing fee.

    Axle, Mar 15, 2005
  6. E. Scrooge wrote:

    >>>Cheeky buggers. They also have a stack of MP3 files.

    >>The Dunedin store does on the iMac down the back :)

    > That's the outfit I was thinking of. Last time it was mentioned some people
    > claimed they would've done a deal with music companies like a radio
    > station... all very doubtful. Any deals would only include the playing of
    > original CDs instead of MP3 copies imo.

    nah, there was a guy who used to work there, who also did DJ type work
    in the weekends... the collection there used to be pretty much the same
    as his.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  7. Jedmeister

    Graham Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:

    > Was in harvey normans today, and they had a widescreen lcd setup running xp
    > media center os.
    >
    > And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a Shrek
    > DVD using DVD decrypter

    Were their plasmas set up as badly as they usually are?

    Graham, Mar 15, 2005
  8. Jedmeister

    steve Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:
    > Was in harvey normans today, and they had a widescreen lcd setup running xp
    > media center os.
    >
    > And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a Shrek
    > DVD using DVD decrypter

    I remember the owner of a now defunct chain of PC stores I worked at
    (briefly) as a corrpoate sales rep.

    He running his company LAN at several stores on pirated Novell Netware
    3.15 (100 user license) that he had copied from the then NZ Forest
    Service via his 'disc copying" service.

    The same guy was on the BSA fighting to catch software pirates.

    Hypocrisy to the max....

    He should have been in jail......

    steve, Mar 15, 2005
  9. In article <4MuZd.9760$>,
    "Jedmeister" <> wrote:

    >And, right in full view, on this widescreen lcd, they were ripping a Shrek
    >DVD using DVD decrypter

    Thank Clark this isn't the DMCA-ridden US of A...

    :)

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 19, 2005