    Logitechs list prices.

    Take the C500 H.N $119, L $99.90 The C600 H.N $149, L $129.90

    And the 9000 H.N was I think some $249, L $199.90

    Frank Williams, Feb 5, 2010

  2. Frank Williams

    PeeCee Guest

    "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Been loking at Web cams and found that Harvey Normans Prices. are way
    > above
    > Logitechs list prices.
    >
    > Take the C500 H.N $119, L $99.90 The C600 H.N $149, L $129.90
    >
    > And the 9000 H.N was I think some $249, L $199.90

    Lesson number One with all outfits like HN.
    The Price has nothing to do with anything other than what we think we can
    get away with.
    Lesson number 2:
    The product is irrelevant the object is to sell the finance.
    Lesson number 3:
    Once we've got the money who cares about customer support.

    Here endith the lesson for the day.

    :)

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 5, 2010

  3. Frank Williams

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 17:11:38 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:

    > Been loking at Web cams and found that Harvey Normans Prices. are way
    > above Logitechs list prices.
    >
    > Take the C500 H.N $119, L $99.90 The C600 H.N $149, L $129.90
    >
    > And the 9000 H.N was I think some $249, L $199.90

    Why are you surprised that Hardly Normal is so expensive?

    Sweetpea, Feb 5, 2010
  4. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    On Feb 5, 5:11 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > Been loking at Web cams and found that Harvey Normans Prices. are way above
    > Logitechs list prices.
    >
    > Take the C500  H.N  $119,   L $99.90   The C600 H.N  $149,   L $129.90
    >
    > And the 9000   H.N  was I think some $249,    L   $199.90

    You'll find the same at Noel Leeming, Bond & Bond etc.

    JohnO, Feb 6, 2010
  5. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-02-05, PeeCee <> wrote:

    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Been loking at Web cams and found that Harvey Normans Prices. are way
    >> above
    >> Logitechs list prices.
    >>
    >> Take the C500 H.N $119, L $99.90 The C600 H.N $149, L $129.90
    >>
    >> And the 9000 H.N was I think some $249, L $199.90

    > Lesson number One with all outfits like HN.
    > The Price has nothing to do with anything other than what we think we can
    > get away with.

    No this is markrting pricing ruyle number 1. Nothing to do with a particular
    company.

    > Lesson number 2:
    > The product is irrelevant the object is to sell the finance.
    > Lesson number 3:
    > Once we've got the money who cares about customer support.

    Good companies do this is how they grow their company, good service. People
    tell other people. Darn good advertising.

    Gordon, Feb 6, 2010
  6. Frank Williams

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:43:27 -0800, JohnO wrote:

    > On Feb 5, 5:11 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> Been loking at Web cams and found that Harvey Normans Prices. are way
    >> above Logitechs list prices.
    >>
    >> Take the C500  H.N  $119,   L $99.90   The C600 H.N  $149,   L $129.90
    >>
    >> And the 9000   H.N  was I think some $249,    L   $199.90

    > You'll find the same at Noel Leeming, Bond & Bond etc.

    Aren't they all subsidiaries of the same corporation?

    Sweetpea, Feb 6, 2010
  7. On 6 Feb 2010 22:16:10 +1200, vitw <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 04:32:36 +0000, Sweetpea wrote:
    >
    >>> You'll find the same at Noel Leeming, Bond & Bond etc.

    >> Aren't they all subsidiaries of the same corporation?

    >They may as well be.
    >
    >A Farmers sales manager told me that the markups on electronic gear are
    >bugger-all - they make their money by pushing the sales staff to meet
    >monthly quotas for finance deals, extended warranties and accessories.

    Markups are around 100%, do not believe that bull

    Frank Williams, Feb 7, 2010
  8. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    Frank Williams wrote:

    >> A Farmers sales manager told me that the markups on electronic gear are
    >> bugger-all - they make their money by pushing the sales staff to meet
    >> monthly quotas for finance deals, extended warranties and accessories.

    > Markups are around 100%, do not believe that bull

    Not at the retail level, its all done by the importer/wholesaler, which
    for most of the big brands is owned by the manufacturer, so it really is
    them that are screwing over NZ consumers, not the retailer.

    Richard, Feb 7, 2010
  9. Frank Williams

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 15:43:36 +1300, Richard wrote:

    > Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>> A Farmers sales manager told me that the markups on electronic gear
    >>> are bugger-all - they make their money by pushing the sales staff to
    >>> meet monthly quotas for finance deals, extended warranties and
    >>> accessories.

    >> Markups are around 100%, do not believe that bull

    > Not at the retail level, its all done by the importer/wholesaler, which
    > for most of the big brands is owned by the manufacturer, so it really is
    > them that are screwing over NZ consumers, not the retailer.

    It is quite normal for retailers to average between 35% and 50% gross profit - depending on what stock
    is being sold. A retailer like Hardly Normal would have similar profit margins as any other general goods
    or whiteware store such as, for example, L.V. Martin. They would have similar margins for computers as
    Dick Smiths.

    There is plenty of room for profit to be made out of selling ready-assembled/installed computers
    otherwise they would not be in that market. Admittedly the margin is not as wide as for hardware.

    Sweetpea, Feb 7, 2010