Harvey Norman Sale

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 21, 2009.

  1. Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".

    I wonder how they get away with that?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 21, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    JohnO Guest

    On May 21, 8:21 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
    >
    > I wonder how they get away with that?

    What's the problem with that?

    JohnO, May 21, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Bobs wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
    >>
    >> I wonder how they get away with that?
    >>

    > Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
    > retailers just like they do to everyone else

    He is just trying to bait you, lawrence does not have a normal life, his
    normal activities start and end with posting flamebait on the news
    groups, anything posted by him, don't reply to as he get his jollies
    seeing the replies

    greg, May 21, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gib Bogle Guest

    greg wrote:
    > Bobs wrote:
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
    >>>
    >>> I wonder how they get away with that?
    >>>

    >> Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
    >> retailers just like they do to everyone else
    >>

    > He is just trying to bait you, lawrence does not have a normal life, his
    > normal activities start and end with posting flamebait on the news
    > groups, anything posted by him, don't reply to as he get his jollies
    > seeing the replies

    I agree, let's not reply.

    Gib Bogle, May 21, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    thing Guest

    On May 21, 8:21 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".
    >
    > I wonder how they get away with that?

    Apple's are rarely discounted, about the best you can do is get
    interested free, or 2 years Apple care thrown in for free or very
    cheap.........in fact the only place Ive seen do interest free on an
    Apple is DSE, Neol Leeming's declined....so I want back to DSE.....and
    bought there...

    regards

    Thing

    thing, May 25, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    thing Guest

    On May 22, 6:32 am, greg <> wrote:
    > Bobs wrote:
    > > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > >> Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".

    > >> I wonder how they get away with that?

    > > Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
    > > retailers just like they do to everyone else

    Pretty much correct....the margin is not big....given the present
    recession though.....who knows....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, May 25, 2009
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    thing Guest

    On May 22, 7:56 pm, whoisthis <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    >  Bobs <> wrote:
    > > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > > Except, in the fine print, it says "excludes Apple products".

    > > > I wonder how they get away with that?

    > > Apple products never go on sale. I expect it's because Apple rip off
    > > retailers just like they do to everyone else

    > Apple products regularly go on sale at Dick Smith and Noel Leemings and
    > occasionally at Harvey Normans.

    na....I look quite often as I want a new iMAC, their sale price saving
    is negligable or not existant and if there is a tiny saving its an
    obsolete model.......ordainary PCs, yes they get knock downs but are
    hugely over-priced in the first place....DSE will usually do interest
    free on a Mac, the rest have never said they would.

    regards

    thing

    thing, May 25, 2009