    If this is the case, I'm importing mine. I won't accept this.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    jayembee Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote:

    > Has anyone been able to confirm what screen format
    > "Harsh Realm: The Complete Series" is going to be in
    > for the Region 1 release? Region 2 got a nice 1.78:1
    > Widescreen, but I've heard that Region 1 is going to
    > be 1.33:1 P&S.
    >
    > If this is the case, I'm importing mine. I won't accept this.

    The more important question is: What ratio *should* it be
    in. Region 2 got the later BUFFY seasons in widescreen,
    because that's how they aired in the UK, though Joss Whedon
    maintains that the episodes were composed and for 4:3.

    On the other hand, this seems to be getting to be a habit
    with Fox. Their R1 releases of DARK ANGEL are 4:3, while
    their R2 releases are 16:9. And their R1 releases of THE
    SHIELD are 4:3, while Columbia's R2 releases are 16:9.

    I've no opinion on DARK ANGEL, as I haven't bought either
    region's sets, but for THE SHIELD, all you have to do is
    look at the deleted scenes (which are in widescreen) in
    the Season 1 set to see that the 16:9 framing looks better
    than the 4:3 framing.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 21, 2004

  3. jayembee wrote:
    > The more important question is: What ratio *should* it be
    > in. Region 2 got the later BUFFY seasons in widescreen,
    > because that's how they aired in the UK, though Joss Whedon
    > maintains that the episodes were composed and for 4:3.
    >
    > On the other hand, this seems to be getting to be a habit
    > with Fox. Their R1 releases of DARK ANGEL are 4:3, while
    > their R2 releases are 16:9. And their R1 releases of THE
    > SHIELD are 4:3, while Columbia's R2 releases are 16:9.
    >
    > I've no opinion on DARK ANGEL, as I haven't bought either
    > region's sets, but for THE SHIELD, all you have to do is
    > look at the deleted scenes (which are in widescreen) in
    > the Season 1 set to see that the 16:9 framing looks better
    > than the 4:3 framing.

    Then again Fox could of simply mismarked the packaging as
    "Full Frame" much like Angel Season 2 was yet its presented
    in 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. I'll let everyone know as
    soon as I get more info on what AR "Harsh Realm" is in.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Brian The Demolition Man Little wrote:
    >> Then again Fox could of simply mismarked the packaging as

    > "Full Frame" much like Angel Season 2 was yet its presented
    > in 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. I'll let everyone know as
    > soon as I get more info on what AR "Harsh Realm" is in.

    UPDATE: According to several reviews the AR on the Region 1
    release of "Harsh Realm: The Complete Series" is 1.78:1
    Anamorphic Widescreen despite the error on the packaging stating
    Full Frame.

    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11954

    http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/showreview.php3?ID=6300

    I feel much better now. :)

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > UPDATE: According to several reviews the AR on the Region 1
    > release of "Harsh Realm: The Complete Series" is 1.78:1
    > Anamorphic Widescreen despite the error on the packaging stating
    > Full Frame.
    >
    > http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11954
    >
    > http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/showreview.php3?ID=6300
    >
    > I feel much better now. :)

    I have the discs as well. This is correct. The packaging says 1.33:1,
    but the discs are actually 16:9.
    Joshua Zyber, Aug 22, 2004