    good test taker, and the fact that i haven't been tested in over a year.

    anyway, have fun with this post... shoot me some info as seems fit... or
    directly email me.

    microsoft, Apr 12, 2004

  2. microsoft wrote:
    > or newsgroup, should i say?
    >
    > i like the posts in here... down to earth and to the point.
    >
    > i've been a desktop techie for 3 years and now am working as a sys
    > admin. My company is willing to pay for my certs and my boss said to
    > sign up and start taking some.
    >
    > i would like to know, from your personal experience, the best books
    > and practice tests to use. I've seen all the scam bullshit websites
    > and i've been through microsofts website, mainly the certs / exam
    > part throughly.
    >
    > I'm thinking about taking the mcsa to start off, for fear of not
    > being a good test taker, and the fact that i haven't been tested in
    > over a year.
    >
    > anyway, have fun with this post... shoot me some info as seems fit...
    > or directly email me.

    I highly recommend you go to the google groups web site and rapidly learn
    how to cancel your posts before someone named Swen finds you.

    --
    Fris "Not as harsh as it sounds." bee®

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 12, 2004

  3. microsoft

    microsoft Guest

    i'm not scared of a newgroup backlashing... i'm actually looking for
    personal experience with these tests.... and if you guys are the 'elite' per
    say.... lets see some reccomendations....

    microsoft, Apr 12, 2004
  4. microsoft

    microsoft Guest

    btw, spelling isn't part of the cert testing, is it?

    ;)

    microsoft, Apr 12, 2004
  5. microsoft

    Neil Guest

    "microsoft" <> wrote in

    > i'm not scared of a newgroup backlashing... i'm actually looking for
    > personal experience with these tests.... and if you guys are the
    > 'elite' per say.... lets see some reccomendations....

    dumbass, recommendation was given. get your email address out of sight
    before your a virus feast. probably aready too late but hopefully you will
    have a decent AV product, don't you?

    item 2, post it here, read it here...

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 12, 2004
  6. microsoft

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "microsoft" <> wrote in message
    > i'm not scared of a newgroup backlashing... i'm actually looking for
    > personal experience with these tests.... and if you guys are the 'elite'

    per
    > say.... lets see some reccomendations....

    You should be scared of the backlash. You posted your email address in a
    public, international forum. There are spam-bots that harvest email addys
    from posts, websites, and other places on the internet. You may have
    inadvertently just signed up for millions more penis enlargement programs.
    Not to mention swen. If you need to post your email address, you should
    definitely "mung" it. That is, disguise it. Something along the lines of:
    , and mention that you must remove "Spam
    sucks" so people can decipher the real email address, but a silly spambot
    can't. Although, you might want to get more complicated with it, because now
    some spambots actually remove "REMOVE THIS" and the like from munged email
    addresses. Google for some more examples.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent mung" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 12, 2004
  7. microsoft wrote:
    > i'm not scared of a newgroup backlashing... i'm actually looking for
    > personal experience with these tests.... and if you guys are the
    > 'elite' per say.... lets see some reccomendations....

    I think my warning went over your head. Please do a google search for
    "Swen."

    By posting your e-mail address, you've opened yourself up for a flood of
    virus-laden e-mails. Not that you'd be gullible enough to open the e-mails,
    but you will indeed be flooded, possibly to the point of choking your e-mail
    box.

    Clueful newbies do not get newsgroup backlashing, at least not from me.

    --
    Fris "However I'm not convinced yet that you're clueful" bee®

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 12, 2004
  8. microsoft

    Neil Guest

    "microsoft" <> wrote in news:uBqdpcJIEHA.3444
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > or newsgroup, should i say?
    >
    > i like the posts in here... down to earth and to the point.
    >
    > i've been a desktop techie for 3 years and now am working as a sys

    admin.
    > My company is willing to pay for my certs and my boss said to sign up

    and
    > start taking some.
    >
    > i would like to know, from your personal experience, the best books and
    > practice tests to use. I've seen all the scam bullshit websites and

    i've
    > been through microsofts website, mainly the certs / exam part

    throughly.

    best books are Books on line (use the product). stay off the br@indumps,
    it will rot your mind..

    > I'm thinking about taking the mcsa to start off, for fear of not being

    > good test taker, and the fact that i haven't been tested in over a

    year.

    chicken...<grin>
    actually you will start off with your MCP. MCSA will actually work as a
    stepping stone to MCSE, so whatever. but if you have researched
    www.microsoft.com/learning you'd know this...

    > anyway, have fun with this post... shoot me some info as seems fit...

    or
    > directly email me.

    snipped for safety...

    go get 'em

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 12, 2004
  9. microsoft

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > You may have
    > inadvertently just signed up for millions more penis enlargement
    > programs.

    don't fall for JaR's. my breast enlargements have fallen and the Ferarri is
    rusted....
    Neil, Apr 12, 2004
  10. microsoft

    Consultant Guest

    he's referring to putting your full email addy in your post, which the swen
    virus will pound you.

    Consultant, Apr 12, 2004
  11. >Not that you'd be gullible enough to open the e-mails,

    What, you mean gullible as in eddiepox?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 12, 2004
  12. microsoft

    microsoft Guest

    i really don't see the spam email... i have a webshield on a dmz and run
    mail essentials spam filtering, before it even hits my exchange box... then
    we have anti-spam on there along with AV... so i'm not too worried... guess
    i'll watch my logs to see if you fellas are right about the influx.

    i suppose i'm a 'dumbass' for posting my email address... but it was in
    hopes that someone would email me legit info on books or steps to take for
    testing... not that i really expected anything legit from this post... i do
    applaud the attacks i recieved.

    thanks

    microsoft, Apr 12, 2004
  13. >which the swen
    >virus will pound you.

    .... and reward you with untold riches beyond your wildest dreams - so
    I'm told.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 12, 2004
  14. microsoft

    microsoft Guest

    "> I think my warning went over your head. Please do a google search for
    > "Swen.""

    why? i read about it back in september.

    microsoft, Apr 12, 2004
  15. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> Not that you'd be gullible enough to open the e-mails,

    > What, you mean gullible as in eddiepox?

    Gullible is not in the dictionary.

    --
    Fris "{$1 to someone in AFU}" bee®

    Certaholics
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 12, 2004
  16. microsoft wrote:
    > "> I think my warning went over your head. Please do a google search
    > for
    >> "Swen.""

    > why? i read about it back in september.

    Well, I can see that my work here is done, then.

    --
    Fris "Yer welcum" bee®

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 12, 2004
  17. microsoft

    Andy Foster Guest

    "microsoft" <> wrote
    >"Frisbee®" <> wrote
    >"> I think my warning went over your head. Please do a

    google search for
    >> "Swen.""

    >why? i read about it back in september.

    There are no stupid questions.