HARRY GETS WET !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 1/25/04 2:58 PM, in article ,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > Not even a rainstorm can stop Harry from his breakfast.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/25453266
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/25453268

    The second one (flying left) sure looks like Texas weather with the blue sky
    and all.

    George Kerby, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Gavin Cato, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Gavin Cato"

    >underexposed, not sharp, drab colours, and probably a huge crop hey?
    >
    >Go the D60!!!

    You shoot a lot of fast moving birds in the pouring rain, do ya?
    Give me some tips.

    Annika1980, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Crownfield Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > >From: "Gavin Cato"

    > >underexposed, not sharp, drab colours, and probably a huge crop hey?
    > >
    > >Go the D60!!!

    > You shoot a lot of fast moving birds in the pouring rain, do ya?
    > Give me some tips.

    higher asa for shooting to get dof and shutter speed.
    adjust the contrast of the image
    increase the saturation as required.

    Crownfield, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Hi Annika1980

    > You shoot a lot of fast moving birds in the pouring rain, do ya?
    > Give me some tips.

    <grin> You're a much nicer person than the
    voice of that reply.

    Though I haven't shot birds in the
    rain, I do have some thoughts you
    may want to consider.

    The shutter speed of 1/200 is too
    slow. You're already at ISO 800.
    Dunno if the Fab D60 goes up to a useful
    ISO 1600. If not, you'll have to open
    up the lens a stop or two to get the
    extra speed.

    Even if you have to underexpose a bit,
    digitial's pretty good at exposure
    boosting. The sharpness gained
    would be well worth it.

    As shot the image is underexposed.
    A Levels adjustment histogram in Photoshop
    reveals that. I got good results on the
    exposure part of the image's issues by
    adding a Levels adjustment layer, with
    blackpoint:12, whitepoint:184, gamma: 0.87.

    Cheers,

    Stan

    Stanley Krute, Jan 26, 2004
  7. Oh, one cheap trick:

    > I got good results on the
    > exposure part of the image's issues by
    > adding a Levels adjustment layer, with
    > blackpoint:12, whitepoint:184, gamma: 0.87.

    Grab a big black brush and paint in the
    background parts of the image in the
    Levels adjustment layer's mask. The
    background will remain flat and a bit
    dim, popping the bird out a bit more.

    Cheers,

    Stan

    Stanley Krute, Jan 26, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Why do you need any tips? You've previously told us before you are an expert
    photographer, shouldn't you be giving us tips instead?

    Gavin Cato, Jan 26, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Jim Waggener, Jan 26, 2004
  10. "Gavin Cato" <> wrote in message
    > underexposed, not sharp, drab colours, and probably a huge crop hey?
    >
    > Go the D60!!!

    Not the D60's fault lol.
    A local journalist uses the D60 for lots of stuff. Great work with it.
    ;-)

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Jan 26, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest