    disabled? Johnny Cash didn't have a hare-lip?

    That wrecked the movie for me and probably 17,000 others! Yuk!

    Oh I know we must be politically correct, but Holy Jesus. <LOL>

    ctyguy, Mar 30, 2006

  2. ctyguy wrote:

    > Why was the actor that played Johnny Cash in the movie "Walk The Line"
    > lip disabled? Johnny Cash didn't have a hare-lip?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Phoenix
    says the scar is from cleft lip surgery. (Note his name is misspelled in
    the link.)

    http://imdb.com/name/nm0001618/bio
    says it is NOT a cleft palate scar but rather a birthmark.

    You pick.

    > That wrecked the movie for me and probably 17,000 others! Yuk!

    My wife and I both thought he did a good job in the movie, and he and
    Reese both did their own singing, no lip-sync.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 30, 2006

  3. ctyguy

    ctyguy Guest

    > ctyguy wrote:
    >
    >> Why was the actor that played Johnny Cash in the movie "Walk The Line"
    >> lip disabled? Johnny Cash didn't have a hare-lip?

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Phoenix
    > says the scar is from cleft lip surgery. (Note his name is misspelled in
    > the link.)
    >
    > http://imdb.com/name/nm0001618/bio
    > says it is NOT a cleft palate scar but rather a birthmark.
    >
    > You pick.
    >
    >> That wrecked the movie for me and probably 17,000 others! Yuk!

    > My wife and I both thought he did a good job in the movie, and he and
    > Reese both did their own singing, no lip-sync.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    ctyguy, Mar 30, 2006
  4. ctyguy wrote:

    >>ctyguy wrote:
    >>

    >>>Why was the actor that played Johnny Cash in the movie "Walk The Line"
    >>>lip disabled? Johnny Cash didn't have a hare-lip?

    >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Phoenix
    >>says the scar is from cleft lip surgery. (Note his name is misspelled in
    >>the link.)
    >>
    >>http://imdb.com/name/nm0001618/bio
    >>says it is NOT a cleft palate scar but rather a birthmark.
    >>
    >>You pick.
    >>

    >>>That wrecked the movie for me and probably 17,000 others! Yuk!

    >>My wife and I both thought he did a good job in the movie, and he and
    >>Reese both did their own singing, no lip-sync.
    >>
    >>--
    >> -bts
    >> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    > Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    YW, next time post an intelligent question/observation.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 30, 2006
  5. ctyguy

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 04:32:28 +0000, ctyguy wrote:

    > Why was the actor that played Johnny Cash in the movie "Walk The Line" lip
    > disabled? Johnny Cash didn't have a hare-lip?
    >
    > That wrecked the movie for me and probably 17,000 others! Yuk!
    >
    > Oh I know we must be politically correct, but Holy Jesus. <LOL>

    I know his step brother Tommy Cash, I'll ask him.

    Meat Plow, Mar 30, 2006
  6. ctyguy wrote:

    > Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 30, 2006
  7. ctyguy

    beenthere Guest

    > ctyguy wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    > You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.

    You are both correct. Give it a Google.

    beenthere, Mar 30, 2006
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > ctyguy wrote:
    >

    >>Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    > You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.

    Think about what a hares lip looks like.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 30, 2006
  9. ctyguy

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-30, Brian H¹© <> wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> ctyguy wrote:
    >>

    >>>Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    >> You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.
    >>

    > Think about what a hares lip looks like.

    It used to be said that if a child was born with a 'hare lip' then the
    mother must have been startled by a hare. 'Hare shotten' is another term
    for the same disability.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 30, 2006
  10. beenthere wrote:

    >> ctyguy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks for posting an intelligent reply.

    >> You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.
    >>

    > You are both correct. Give it a Google.

    The common name of cleft lip is "hare lip". Look at some photos of
    hares, fer crissakes. "Hair lip" is used (and therefore shows up via
    Google) by people who don't know the real phrase.

    Similarly, Google shows 24 million hits for "recieve", produced by bad
    spellers and typos. That doesn't make it correct.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 30, 2006
  11. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > beenthere wrote:

    >>> You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare
    >>> lip.
    >>>

    >> You are both correct. Give it a Google.

    > The common name of cleft lip is "hare lip". Look at some photos of
    > hares, fer crissakes. "Hair lip" is used (and therefore shows up via
    > Google) by people who don't know the real phrase.

    All the hares I have known have gone into rabbit potpie. ;-)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 30, 2006
  12. ctyguy

    beenthere Guest

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> beenthere wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote

    >>> You are both correct. Give it a Google.

    >> The common name of cleft lip is "hare lip". Look at some photos of
    >> hares, fer crissakes. "Hair lip" is used (and therefore shows up via
    >> Google) by people who don't know the real phrase.

    > All the hares I have known have gone into rabbit potpie. ;-)

    Hare you go again, changing the subject <g>.

    beenthere, Mar 30, 2006
  13. ctyguy

    ctyguy Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-03-30, Brian H¹© <> wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.
    >>>

    >> Think about what a hares lip looks like.

    > It used to be said that if a child was born with a 'hare lip' then the
    > mother must have been startled by a hare. 'Hare shotten' is another term
    > for the same disability.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    Bugs Bunny doesn't have a "hairlip" because he's not a hair!

    ctyguy, Mar 31, 2006
  14. ctyguy

    Spuds Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:10:06 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >beenthere wrote:
    >

    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message

    >>> You're welcome. <g> By the way, it would be a hairlip, not a hare lip.
    >>>

    >> You are both correct. Give it a Google.

    >The common name of cleft lip is "hare lip". Look at some photos of
    >hares, fer crissakes. "Hair lip" is used (and therefore shows up via
    >Google) by people who don't know the real phrase.
    >
    >Similarly, Google shows 24 million hits for "recieve", produced by bad
    >spellers and typos. That doesn't make it correct.

    I used to have a dog with a hare lip.
    He went "Mark, Mark"....
    --

    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    Spuds, Mar 31, 2006
  15. Spuds wrote:

    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:10:06 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>beenthere wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message

    >>> You are both correct. Give it a Google.

    >>The common name of cleft lip is "hare lip". Look at some photos of
    >>hares, fer crissakes. "Hair lip" is used (and therefore shows up via
    >>Google) by people who don't know the real phrase.
    >>
    >>Similarly, Google shows 24 million hits for "recieve", produced by bad
    >>spellers and typos. That doesn't make it correct.

    > I used to have a dog with a hare lip.
    > He went "Mark, Mark"....

    <chuckle> Thanks. :)

    There's also some old joke about a cow with a speech impediment, with the
    punchline something like, "Moooth. Mooooooooth!" Don't remember the
    joke, but I get a smile when I think of the punchline. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 31, 2006
  16. ctyguy

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:37:51 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >Spuds wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:10:06 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>The common name of cleft lip is "hare lip". Look at some photos of
    >>>hares, fer crissakes. "Hair lip" is used (and therefore shows up via
    >>>Google) by people who don't know the real phrase.
    >>>
    >>>Similarly, Google shows 24 million hits for "recieve", produced by bad
    >>>spellers and typos. That doesn't make it correct.

    >> I used to have a dog with a hare lip.
    >> He went "Mark, Mark"....

    ><chuckle> Thanks. :)
    >
    >There's also some old joke about a cow with a speech impediment, with the
    >punchline something like, "Moooth. Mooooooooth!" Don't remember the
    >joke, but I get a smile when I think of the punchline. :)

    That reminds me of my friend who was walking near a graveyard at
    midnight a few years ago. It was really dark and he thought he heard
    someone calling his name over and over again. Finally when he got to
    the edge of the graveyard he say the little dog with the hare lip.
    Yeah my friends name is mark.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 31, 2006