hardware specials

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    http://www.firstin.co.nz/

    Has anybody used this company with success?

    Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
    model though) seems to rate well.

    regards

    Thing
     
    thing, Jan 21, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. thing

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:33:39 +1300, thing <> wrote:

    >http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >
    >Has anybody used this company with success?
    >
    >Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
    >model though) seems to rate well.
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing


    Hi Thing, I've bought a couple of things from them and had no
    problems.
    It's run by Colin Brown of PC Company infamy, he seems to be handling
    it well enough.
     
    Bret, Jan 21, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. thing wrote:
    > http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    > Has anybody used this company with success?


    not yet, but I'm watching it... Mr ex PC Company(Colin Brown?) and his
    brother(or son?) are running it.

    Bruce Simpson passed comment on it in the last week or so.
     
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 21, 2005
    #3
  4. thing

    thing Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > thing wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >> Has anybody used this company with success?

    >
    >
    > not yet, but I'm watching it... Mr ex PC Company(Colin Brown?) and his
    > brother(or son?) are running it.
    >
    > Bruce Simpson passed comment on it in the last week or so.


    Im watching it as well, been a few things that if it was not for xmas
    bills I would have been very tempted on.

    regards

    Thing
     
    thing, Jan 21, 2005
    #4
  5. I've never heard of them. What are they. No address. Only one item for sale.
    Looks like a rip off to me.
    Jack Gruschow
    ..
    "thing" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >
    > Has anybody used this company with success?
    >
    > Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
    > model though) seems to rate well.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing
    >
     
    Jack Gruschow, Jan 21, 2005
    #5
  6. Jack Gruschow wrote:
    > I've never heard of them. What are they. No address. Only one item for sale.
    > Looks like a rip off to me.
    > Jack Gruschow


    didn't read anything on the site huh?

    the one item is the point.
     
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 21, 2005
    #6
  7. thing

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:50:10 +1300, Bret wrote:

    > Hi Thing, I've bought a couple of things from them and had no
    > problems.
    > It's run by Colin Brown of PC Company infamy, he seems to be handling
    > it well enough.


    Idea off the top of my head, be in now for a good deal, the risk remains
    that trouble could be ahead. ;-)
     
    Gordon, Jan 22, 2005
    #7
  8. thing

    A Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:50:10 +1300, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:33:39 +1300, thing <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >>
    >>Has anybody used this company with success?
    >>
    >>Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
    >>model though) seems to rate well.
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    >
    >Hi Thing, I've bought a couple of things from them and had no
    >problems.
    >It's run by Colin Brown of PC Company infamy, he seems to be handling
    >it well enough.


    Anyone know how much the xbox pack was that was listed on 29 Dec? (and
    also what it consisted of)
     
    A, Jan 22, 2005
    #8
  9. thing

    XPD Guest

    "Jack Gruschow" <> wrote in message
    news:cspm8q$no3$...
    > I've never heard of them. What are they. No address. Only one item for

    sale.
    > Looks like a rip off to me.
    > Jack Gruschow


    Didnt pass reading at school huh ?

    Everything is explained in plain English on the website.
     
    XPD, Jan 22, 2005
    #9
  10. thing

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:33:39 +1300, thing <> wrote:

    >http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >
    >Has anybody used this company with success?
    >
    >Today their special is a NEC dvd burner, which Tomshardware (3500 v 5320
    >model though) seems to rate well.


    I have ordered one of their PCs, it hasn't arrived yet though. I figure that
    at the price I can't go far wrong.

    I got 3 free monitors too... the other day there was a cock-up and someone
    forgot to put a price on the monitors they were supposed to be selling for
    $99.95. I ordered 3 to see what would happen. They fixed the mistake pretty
    quick, but decided to honour the purchases.

    I wouldn't have worried if they had cancelled it but I was quite impressed
    that they didn't even try to. It did cross my mind that it may have been a
    marketing exercise, but they haven't mentioned it since so I guess not.

    So far, so good...

    --
    Ray Greene.
     
    Ray Greene, Jan 22, 2005
    #10
  11. thing

    Guest

    best you visit NZ best online computer store

    http://www.pcalpha.co.nz
    <invisible><html><b><A HREF="MAILTO:">PC ALPHA Voted best online computer store</a></b><br>
    <b>Visit New Zealands best online computer and parts retialer - http://www.pcalpha.co.nz </b><br>
    <b>Prices so good to be true!</b><br><br>
    </invisible></html>
     
    , Jan 22, 2005
    #11
  12. thing

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:50:03 +1300, ""
    <> wrote:

    >
    >best you visit NZ best online computer store
    >
    >http://www.pcalpha.co.nz
    ><invisible><html><b><A HREF="MAILTO:">PC ALPHA Voted best online computer store</a></b><br>
    ><b>Visit New Zealands best online computer and parts retialer - http://www.pcalpha.co.nz </b><br>
    ><b>Prices so good to be true!</b><br><br>
    ></invisible></html>


    Why don't you f off Tak.
     
    Bret, Jan 22, 2005
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. networkrs.com

    ** SPECIALS **

    networkrs.com, Jan 9, 2004, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    599
    networkrs.com
    Jan 9, 2004
  2. networkrs.com

    ** NORTEL SPECIALS **

    networkrs.com, Jan 9, 2004, in forum: VOIP
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    635
    networkrs.com
    Jan 9, 2004
  3. MDD
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    433
    Dick Sidbury
    Nov 29, 2003
  4. Vlvetmorning98

    animated TV specials on DVD

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 30, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    412
    Derek Janssen
    Jan 30, 2004
  5. SoHillsGuy
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    399
    SoHillsGuy
    Sep 24, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page