    Is it possible to do a hardware reset on a Cisco 827 router?

    --
    Jani-Matti Hätinen

    Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?=, Oct 22, 2004

  2. PES

    PES Guest

    I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to reboot, use the reload
    command. If you want to wipe the configuration, use write erase . If you
    are wanting password recovery, search for password recovery on cisco's web
    site.

    PES, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?= <> wrote in

    > Hello
    >
    > Is it possible to do a hardware reset on a Cisco 827 router?

    If you have the passwords:
    go to the enable mode ("#" prompt) and type "erase startup-config", then
    "reload"...

    Without passwords:
    Search for "password recovery" at www.cisco.com!

    Reagrds,
    Carsten

    --
    (Bei eMail-Kontakt: Bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
    For emails: Please put 'USENET' somewhere in the subject.)

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 22, 2004
  4. PS:
    If you don't want to delete your configuration (only reset): only use
    "reload"!

    Regards,
    Carsten

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 22, 2004
  5. PES wrote:

    > I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to reboot, use the reload
    > command. If you want to wipe the configuration, use write erase . If you
    > are wanting password recovery, search for password recovery on cisco's web
    > site.

    No, I mean fully resetting the configuration to factory defaults through
    hardware (e.g. jumpers). Sorry for the vague question.
    At this point I don't have a way to access the CLI configuration of the
    router, so I can't do it through the software.

    --
    Jani-Matti Hätinen

    Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?=, Oct 22, 2004
  6. PES

    PES Guest

    > PES wrote:
    >
    >> I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to reboot, use the reload
    >> command. If you want to wipe the configuration, use write erase . If
    >> you
    >> are wanting password recovery, search for password recovery on cisco's
    >> web
    >> site.

    > No, I mean fully resetting the configuration to factory defaults through
    > hardware (e.g. jumpers). Sorry for the vague question.
    > At this point I don't have a way to access the CLI configuration of the
    > router, so I can't do it through the software.
    >
    > --
    > Jani-Matti Hätinen

    Cannot be done though hardware. You will have to go through password
    recovery then do a write erase.

    PES, Oct 23, 2004