    Is it possible to do a hardware reset on a Cisco 827 router?

    --
    Jani-Matti Hätinen

    Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?=, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?=

    PES Guest

    I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to reboot, use the reload
    command. If you want to wipe the configuration, use write erase . If you
    are wanting password recovery, search for password recovery on cisco's web
    site.

    PES, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?= <> wrote in

    > Hello
    >
    > Is it possible to do a hardware reset on a Cisco 827 router?

    If you have the passwords:
    go to the enable mode ("#" prompt) and type "erase startup-config", then
    "reload"...

    Without passwords:
    Search for "password recovery" at www.cisco.com!

    Reagrds,
    Carsten

    --
    (Bei eMail-Kontakt: Bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
    For emails: Please put 'USENET' somewhere in the subject.)

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 22, 2004
  4. PS:
    If you don't want to delete your configuration (only reset): only use
    "reload"!

    Regards,
    Carsten

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 22, 2004
  5. PES wrote:

    > I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to reboot, use the reload
    > command. If you want to wipe the configuration, use write erase . If you
    > are wanting password recovery, search for password recovery on cisco's web
    > site.

    No, I mean fully resetting the configuration to factory defaults through
    hardware (e.g. jumpers). Sorry for the vague question.
    At this point I don't have a way to access the CLI configuration of the
    router, so I can't do it through the software.

    --
    Jani-Matti Hätinen

    Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?=, Oct 22, 2004
  6. Jani-Matti =?ISO-8859-15?Q?H=E4tinen?=

    PES Guest

    > PES wrote:
    >
    >> I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to reboot, use the reload
    >> command. If you want to wipe the configuration, use write erase . If
    >> you
    >> are wanting password recovery, search for password recovery on cisco's
    >> web
    >> site.

    > No, I mean fully resetting the configuration to factory defaults through
    > hardware (e.g. jumpers). Sorry for the vague question.
    > At this point I don't have a way to access the CLI configuration of the
    > router, so I can't do it through the software.
    >
    > --
    > Jani-Matti Hätinen

    Cannot be done though hardware. You will have to go through password
    recovery then do a write erase.

    PES, Oct 23, 2004