    Regards
    James

    , Oct 23, 2007

  2. I think it is sufficient for your self study. Good luck for your exams

    Ashok
    v.s MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?QXNob2s=?=, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Digna_MA Guest

    On Oct 23, 6:34 pm, wrote:
    > I am planning in embark on a self study for the MCSE certification
    > hopefully funded by my current employer.
    >
    > In the mean time I am looking for a lab environment setup for hands
    > on
    > training. I am considering purchasing 2 machines running
    > windows 2003 server, and VMWare Workstation for virtual desktop
    > machines.
    >
    > Would anybody recommend this configuration?
    >
    > Regards
    > James

    You might consider a higher end desktop with the VMWare or Virtual PC
    software. You can create a very nice AD environment with multiple
    servers/client machines installed from the eval software. (1 or 2 DCs,
    1 non-DC server and 1 client machine should do it). You don't get the
    full affect of lag/latency but in general you can learn pretty much
    anything with that setup. The VirtualPC borrows RAM from your base
    desktop but it doesn't create too much of a problem (if you run 3-4GB
    RAM) because you really don't have anything too intensive. Also, it's
    a hell of a lot cheaper than buying 2 boxes and the server software
    (unless you plan to buy anyway and setup as a test environment to
    later roll out to production.)

    Digna_MA, Oct 30, 2007