    I need input as I just pulled the last 2 hairs out of my head.

    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Sep 3, 2005

  2. nos1eep

    Plato Guest

    nos1eep wrote:

    > Here's the story: Guy brings me a computer that will not boot but
    > gives me 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps, pause. RAM problem right? I replaced

    I never used the charts that have beep codes as it's always either ram
    or a misseated video card or on some pcs, a monitor that's not plugged
    into the video card.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 3, 2005

  3. nos1eep

    philo Guest

    nos1eep wrote:

    > Here's the story: Guy brings me a computer that will not boot but
    > gives me 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps, pause. RAM problem right?

    only if the mobo manual says that's a RAM problem!

    as Plato basically said...most any 'beep' code is either
    RAM or video...
    take it from there

    philo, Sep 3, 2005
  4. nos1eep

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 03:49:22 -0500, philo <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >nos1eep wrote:
    >
    >> Here's the story: Guy brings me a computer that will not boot but
    >> gives me 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps, pause. RAM problem right?

    >only if the mobo manual says that's a RAM problem!

    It did
    >as Plato basically said...most any 'beep' code is either
    >RAM or video...
    >take it from there

    The culprit was a bad processor. There was some minor bubbling on the
    IC chips on the old mobo and the processor that were only visible
    under a hand held microscope and the modem is toast. I assume
    lightning caused the damage.
    Whatever, it's fixed, and the client says "I need to pay you half next
    week and half the week after that." Ain't that wonderful! ;-)
    Thanks for the input.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Sep 3, 2005