    Could this be a faulty keyboard? Anyways sometimes the video screen
    does not run.

    Again appreciating any response.
    QUIROGACA, Nov 14, 2006

  2. QUIROGACA

    nobody > Guest

    QUIROGACA wrote:
    > I will really appreciate any response on this problem: when I turn off
    > my computer, it will not restart without some problem. And the problem
    > varies on each start attempt. Some times it will not start the video
    > screen, and many times it will start but the keyboard cannot be
    > operated. Sometimes this is so bad, that the only solution is to use
    > the jumper to clear the cmos, and then it will start correctly. This
    > way it is impossible also to reinstall windows so i am praying that my
    > system will not have any os issues.
    >
    > I really cannot afford to change the motherboard, I wonder if there is
    > any possible solution for this awkward problem, or any test to make.
    > Could this be a faulty keyboard? Anyways sometimes the video screen
    > does not run.
    >
    > Again appreciating any response.

    Sounds like a heat problem at first.

    Did you clean *ALL* the dust out? In the power supply - in the CPU
    heatsink - in the video card's heatsink (if equipped) - down on the
    motherboard chips?

    Do all the fans work?

    Did you pull out and reseat all the cards and the memory stick(s)?

    If all of the above checks fine, best place to start is a new power
    supply (most likely culprit given the symptoms).
    nobody >, Nov 14, 2006

  3. QUIROGACA wrote:

    > I will really appreciate any response on this problem: when I turn off

    > Again appreciating any response.

    We appreciate you not posting the same question here, unless at least a few
    days have passed by. News isn't online chat, you will have to wait for
    replies.
    Walter Mautner, Nov 14, 2006