Hardware installation wizard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ron, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. ron

    ron Guest

    Hi I have the following problem

    Every time I boot up my computer the Found New Hardware Wizard pops up
    saying that it has found New Hardware A HP laserjet 1005 printer. However
    the printer is installed and it is working. So why does the Found New
    Hardware Wizard pop up. Also there is no option to do anything with it other
    than click finish. The error message is

    the install was not completed because the required section was not found in
    the inf
    How can I stop the wizard popping up when I boot the computer?

    I have already tried the following
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.
    com:80/support/kb/articles/q298/3/70.asp&NoWebContent=1

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bpl03212&a
    mp;cc=us

    but as I have stated I do not get that option, next is greyed out.

    I have also downloaded the latest driver and have the latest windows xp pro
    updates. The printer is connected using a USB2 port.

    The motherboard is an MSI km2m combo series ms-6738via chipset km266 with a
    2.4 amd processor and 1gb memory and windows XP Pro sp1 and all the
    updates. So is there a solution or do I just have to live with it?

    Thank Ron
    ron, Feb 12, 2004