Hardware Install Wizard not detecting Wireles Card

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. Hello, I have a new build and everything is working fine except that my
    system won't detect and install drivers for wireless network pci adapters. I
    have a Linksys cable modem and a linksys router and have tried linksys
    wireless adapters and now attempting with a Belkin wireless adapter. I have
    switched pci slots, cleared the cmos, updated all drivers from
    mainboard;Linksys; and Belkin. I am running xp pro 64 bit v.1 (can't seem to
    update to sp2). My detect Hardware Wizard does detect a new device "Ethernet
    Controller" but can not detect and load drivers for the wireless adapter. I
    am currently hardwire connected to the network. However, there is a yello
    question mark on my "Other Devices" and on the "Ethernet Controller and a Red
    "X" on Marvell Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I have
    updated the drivers for that device and it doesn't help. I hope I have given
    enough info for someone to be able to help, please let me know if you need
    more.

    Sincerely

    Here is my system:
    Mainboard:MSI K8N NEO4 Platnum
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
    Memory: Corsair 1gig
    OS:Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 SP1
    Wireless Network Adapter; Belkin Wireless G Network Adapter

    --
    "God so loved the world that He gave..."
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=, Dec 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=

    David T Guest

    Is it possible that your drivers will not work with 64bit win

    David T, Dec 26, 2005

  3. Anything is possible but what is the solution? I had an older linksys
    wireless card ( about 3 years old) and it worked just fine until I accidently
    broke the antenae connector even now it will acknowledge that card but not
    the others. With that said, I think there is something more than just the
    drivers.
    I'm still looking for help if anyone out there has a solution to this
    problem I will sure appreciate it.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=, Dec 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=

    David T Guest

    Have you tried this link/
    http://www.linksysfix.com/check/HomePage/index.htm

    I know when I was having trouble setting up may network the cd drivers
    didn't work and tech support had me try this. run the program Net Set.

    David T, Dec 27, 2005
  5. No, I haven't but I will now. Thank you. I'll let you know how it goes.
    It's weird that no one else has this problem. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=, Dec 27, 2005
  6. I have this same problem. However, I don't have the software. Thx for help.

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkcmFhbm5l?=, Dec 28, 2005
  7. I am still interested in fixing the problem, but I am hard wired now and
    everything works fine. However, we are about to move and I will again need
    to be connected by a wireless connection. I'd appreciate any help; I can
    get. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=, Jan 16, 2006
  8. I just consulted with Linksys about 64bit drivers and here's what they
    said:"Musheer (50086): Hi, my name is Musheer (50086). How may I help you?
    Clifford: I need
    Clifford: windows xp 64bit drivers
    Musheer (50086): Hi Clifford.
    Clifford: XP 64bit does not recognise the wireless network adapter nor it's
    setup program
    Clifford: hi
    Clifford: WMP54G Card
    Musheer (50086): Clifford, we do not have drivers which will support 64 bit
    OS.
    Clifford: wow
    Clifford: can you suggest something?
    Musheer (50086): You can try with third party drivers, but I am not sure
    whether it will work with the card or not.
    Clifford: Where do I get third party?
    Musheer (50086): You can search in google web site.
    Clifford: ok
    Clifford: thanks
    Musheer (50086): Do you have any other questions that I can help you with
    today?
    Clifford: no
    --
    Daddio

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFkZGlv?=, Jan 16, 2006
  9. What a shame!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vub25lZQ==?=, Jan 17, 2006