    Now I know that this is a minor issue but would still like to understand
    what caused this.

    Richard
    Richard G Carruthers, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Richard G Carruthers

    John Barnes Guest

    Windows checks for connected hardware every time you logon. It finds the
    hardware attached to your computer when you logon to D. If you want it not
    there, unplug the device before you boot to D.

    John Barnes, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Richard G Carruthers

    Intel_Fan Guest

    Even if you uninstall it from x64 it would just get redetected on the next
    x64 startup. Can you disable it through Device Manager? That should tell
    windows to ignore it from that point on.

    Intel_Fan, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Richard G Carruthers

    John Barnes Guest

    I didn't say uninstall it I said unplug it. Anyway your solution is good
    but it will still show up in device manager, which seems to be what he
    doesn't want.

    John Barnes, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Richard G Carruthers

    Intel_Fan Guest

    Sorry, I responded to the wrong post. The original post said it could not be
    uninstalled.
    He should be able to uninstall it though the add/remove hardware utility in
    Control Panel, or as a last resort, boot in safe mode (assuming that is
    still an option in x64 as I have not had occasion to try) and uninstall it
    through Device Manager.

    Intel_Fan, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Richard G Carruthers

    John Barnes Guest

    You can uninstall it all you want, the next time you boot up it will
    reinstall. Unplugging is the only way to have it stay totally off the
    Device Manager list.

    John Barnes, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Richard G Carruthers

    John Barnes Guest

    Maybe he can clarify exactly what he means by can't uninstall. 1. Always
    reinstalls, or 2 an error message trying to uninstall in Device Manager
    I interpret one way and you another. We'll see, maybe.

    John Barnes, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Thanks to all who replied. Now thatI know that it is nothing and this is by
    design that's fine

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Jul 2, 2005