    Any ideas ?

    Thanks
    Jack
    Father Jack Hackett, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Father Jack Hackett

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Father Jack Hackett <> wrote in
    news::

    > Am looking for something easy to setup and maintain, that will
    > protect on network and application levels, also ability to prevent
    > access to all but desired web sites.
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    http://www.watchguard.com/products/soho.asp

    http://tinyurl.com/3jakz

    The 6 SOHO line has a 10 user license that can be increased. The Web
    Content Filter is additional cost.

    You should make sure you get something that meets the specs in the link as
    to what a FW does. If the appliance cannot meet the specs (all of the
    definition for a network FW), then it's not a FW appliance.

    http://tinyurl.com/4awxu

    WG, Cisco, and Snapgear are appliances that meet the spec. There is one
    more that meets the spec and has a good price. It's Lock *something* I
    think but I cannot remember the name.

    HTH

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 23, 2004