    free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to have
    a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..

    Lisa

    Lisa, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Lisa

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Lisa vaguely muttered something like ...
    > I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
    > free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to
    > have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..
    >
    > Lisa

    Aida32
    Belarc advisor
    Bigfix

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Lisa

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Lisa" <> wrote in

    > I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if
    > it's free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I
    > used to have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was
    > called..
    >
    > Lisa

    You can burn a CD and it's free

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I am trying aida32 (now everest) with odd results. My screen splits into
    three on the "overclocking" test. This is very similar to the problems I
    have been having as it also resets my clock (as if the battery was dead).
    Ever seen this response from this test? I know overclocking is CPU
    related...but I'm wondering if it could also be failing on power management
    (the next test). The system was shutting off by itself after inactivity
    until I disabled power management in the BIOS - I think it also lost
    time...boy I need to write this stuff down!!

    Thoughts?

    Lisa, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I just figured out how to run the tests individually!

    Lisa, Nov 24, 2004
  6. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    It's definitely the overclock section. I just click on the icon and the
    system goes nuts.

    Lisa, Nov 24, 2004
  7. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I'm able to see the screen through VNC though it is work VERY slowly. I see
    a "Memory Clock" Section under video card. It says 26mhz (original:
    105mhz). Sounds like memory on the video card could be my issue...

    Lisa, Nov 24, 2004
  8. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    Also...if I move the mouse cursor off the overclock icon the screen comes
    back...

    Lisa, Nov 24, 2004