Hardware Detection Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ZeDeX82, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. ZeDeX82

    ZeDeX82 Guest

    I installed a new DVD writer in my PC, running Windows XP.

    When the computer detected the DVD Drive and tried to install the
    drivers it gave an error saying it could not find the correct drivers.
    The windows driver was installed and it works fine. The instructions
    with the unit stated that no drivers were needed as the windows one
    would be used. So I thought no probs it works fine I will just ignore
    the error.

    The problem is that everytime I boot my PC it tries to install the DVD
    drive and proceeds to give the error. This is a pain. I check the box
    that says do not try to install the software again, but this has not
    worked.

    I have checked the manufacturers website with no success.

    Can anybody help me stop this.

    Thanks

    ZeDeX82, Nov 1, 2003