Hardware Configuration

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slaphappy, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. slaphappy

    slaphappy Guest

    Dell Inspiron 4000
    Win XP

    Well after a lot of effort I got the bugs in my Win XP upgrade
    referenced in an earlier post nearly all worked out. That is, all but
    one.

    I don't know if this is correct or not but my computer has two hardware
    configurations. Each time Win XP boots up it alternates between those
    configurations despite my efforts to limit the choice to just the
    configuration where I set up my broad band connection and other things
    like Norton AV and PFW . The configurations are a) undocked and b)
    original configuration. How do I get Win XP to stay with the one
    configuration?

    I tried start|control panel|maintenance|system|Hardware, etc. but I
    still get the alternation.

    Any thoughts or recommendations?

    Thanks

    slaphappy, Dec 27, 2003