Hardware - Comments?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by GC, Oct 2, 2005.

  1. GC

    GC Guest

    GC, Oct 2, 2005

  2. GC

    peter Guest

    1. The blurb fails to mention how many simultaneous SIP-accounts you
    can set up. Most IP-phones like Grandstream etc. have 4+. No-one can
    settle for ONE more than a month or two:)

    2. Also, hard to se whether the thinggy got a built-in switch or not.
    No switch ? Then you have to have a multi-port router or a switch to
    plug it in, alongside you computer.

    peter, Oct 2, 2005

  3. GC

    keymaster Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > 1. The blurb fails to mention how many simultaneous SIP-accounts you
    > can set up. Most IP-phones like Grandstream etc. have 4+. No-one can
    > settle for ONE more than a month or two:)
    >
    > 2. Also, hard to se whether the thinggy got a built-in switch or not.
    > No switch ? Then you have to have a multi-port router or a switch to
    > plug it in, alongside you computer.

    Hi
    the phones are good and work well, they a 10/10 not 10/100 and the firmware
    is a bit bugy, worst bug is if you try to transfer call or push hold button,
    phone crashes everytime and needs total reboot to work.
    The guy is very friendly and helpful (although he said firmware would be
    sorted out soon - weeks ago). they are very cheap and work quite well.
    remember SNOM's (best sip phone IMHO) are £150.
    hope this helps
    Roy

    keymaster, Oct 2, 2005
  4. In article <>, GC
    <> writes:

    > Any comments? The seller is very helpful and there's a lot of good
    > feedback on the phones.

    I've always tried to avoid having feedback on my phone. :)

    Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply, Oct 2, 2005
  5. GC

    GC Guest

    Any suggestions of a decent SNOM phone then?

    GC, Oct 2, 2005
  6. GC

    keymaster Guest

    "GC" <> wrote in message
    > Any suggestions of a decent SNOM phone then?

    Hi
    well I have the Snom 190 because it was best I could afford..
    Strenths - too many to list
    weakness- no lcd backlight so when its nightime u cannot read.
    hope this helps
    Roy

    keymaster, Oct 2, 2005
  7. GC

    Lurch Guest

    On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 16:39:18 +0100, "keymaster" <>
    scrawled:

    >weakness- no lcd backlight so when its nightime u cannot read.

    We have this new gadget called electric lighting at our house. We can
    read un-backlit books and allsorts at night time if we want.
    --
    Stuart @ SJW Electrical

    Please Reply to group

    Lurch, Oct 2, 2005
  8. GC

    keymaster Guest

    "Lurch" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 16:39:18 +0100, "keymaster" <>
    > scrawled:
    >
    >>weakness- no lcd backlight so when its nightime u cannot read.

    > We have this new gadget called electric lighting at our house. We can
    > read un-backlit books and allsorts at night time if we want.
    > --
    > Hi

    we dont leave our lights on in every room all night though in this house and
    sometimes people call at night..but if you do it sounds like this phone is
    ideal for you.
    regards
    Roy

    keymaster, Oct 2, 2005
  9. GC

    Lurch Guest

    On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:02:55 +0100, "keymaster" <>
    scrawled:

    >"Lurch" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 16:39:18 +0100, "keymaster" <>
    >> scrawled:
    >>
    >>>weakness- no lcd backlight so when its nightime u cannot read.

    >> We have this new gadget called electric lighting at our house. We can
    >> read un-backlit books and allsorts at night time if we want.
    >> --
    >> Hi

    >we dont leave our lights on in every room all night though in this house and
    >sometimes people call at night..but if you do it sounds like this phone is
    >ideal for you.

    I see what you mean now. However, I wasn't aware that you needed to be
    able to read the screen before answering a call, apologies for the
    confusion.
    --
    Stuart @ SJW Electrical

    Please Reply to group

    Lurch, Oct 2, 2005
  10. GC

    GC Guest

    Stuart

    You're not adding any value to this thread.

    Thanks.

    GC, Oct 2, 2005
  11. GC

    RH Guest

    "GC" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > I'm thinking about getting a 'true' IP phone. Looking at eBay found
    > this...
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....97&ssPageName=MERC_BC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_W0_IT
    >

    > Any comments? The seller is very helpful and there's a lot of good
    > feedback on the phones.
    >
    > Glen

    Sorry could not help, butt in on this thread, I am the actual seller and
    just wanted to mention that the call hold and transfer problem has been
    fixed as listed in an email from another user on here.

    Roy if your reading email is on the way...

    RH, Oct 2, 2005
  12. GC

    RH Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > 1. The blurb fails to mention how many simultaneous SIP-accounts you
    > can set up. Most IP-phones like Grandstream etc. have 4+. No-one can
    > settle for ONE more than a month or two:)
    >
    > 2. Also, hard to se whether the thinggy got a built-in switch or not.
    > No switch ? Then you have to have a multi-port router or a switch to
    > plug it in, alongside you computer.

    1. It uses one SIP account at a time, I would disagree and say most phones
    do only use
    1 SIP account, higher end phones like Sipura and Grandstream do have
    multiple lines but do cost more

    2. This is the single port version, a two port version do exist, but there
    is a price premium for this, which
    most people do not usually want/need

    RH, Oct 2, 2005
  13. GC

    keymaster Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message

    > "GC" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there
    >>
    >> I'm thinking about getting a 'true' IP phone. Looking at eBay found
    >> this...
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....97&ssPageName=MERC_BC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_W0_IT
    >>

    >> Any comments? The seller is very helpful and there's a lot of good
    >> feedback on the phones.
    >>
    >> Glen

    > Sorry could not help, butt in on this thread, I am the actual seller and
    > just wanted to mention that the call hold and transfer problem has been
    > fixed as listed in an email from another user on here.
    >
    > Roy if your reading email is on the way...

    Ha ha ha ha..got it thanks -hows that for service...hey Rolf...most of what
    I said was good!
    cheers
    Roy

    keymaster, Oct 2, 2005
  14. GC

    Al Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:01:24 +0100, GC wrote:

    >Stuart
    >
    >You're not adding any value to this thread.

    By top posting, nor are you.

    Al, Oct 3, 2005
  15. GC

    GC Guest

    In that case, nor are you.

    Are you his mate or something...?

    GC, Oct 3, 2005
  16. On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:07:15 +0100, GC said:

    >In that case, nor are you.
    >
    >Are you his mate or something...?

    pillock
    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    GC is a top-posting pillock, Oct 3, 2005
  17. GC

    Tone Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:07:24 +0100, GC is a top-posting pillock
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:07:15 +0100, GC said:
    >
    >>In that case, nor are you.
    >>
    >>Are you his mate or something...?

    >pillock

    More Turtill