    80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
    got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
    Simon.

    sierra, Feb 14, 2004

  2. "sierra" <> wrote in message
    news:N9lXb.5265$...
    > Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new harddrive,(barracuda
    > 80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
    > got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
    > Simon.

    Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or something
    like that.
    Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
    My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
    I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

    Someone will come along with a better description.

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Feb 14, 2004

  3. sierra

    Yddap Guest

    In news:c0kq09$17cj4i$-berlin.de,
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else. <> opined:
    > "sierra" <> wrote in message
    >> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new harddrive,(barracuda
    >> 80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
    >> got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
    >> Simon.
    >>

    > Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or something
    > like that.
    > Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
    > My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
    > I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???
    >
    > Someone will come along with a better description.
    >
    > Gaz

    1 G = 1000M or 1024M
    selling =1000 Using =1024
    my "80 G "gives 77 + formatting room

    yddap

    Yddap, Feb 14, 2004
  4. sierra

    Boomer Guest

    You fucking idiot ****.

    Boomer, Feb 14, 2004
  5. sierra

    Boomer Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHA!! You fucking idiot ****.

    Boomer, Feb 14, 2004
  6. sierra

    Yddap Guest

    In news:p,
    Boomer <> opined:
    > Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
    >> "sierra" <> wrote in message
    >>> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new
    >>> harddrive,(barracuda 80g)all running fine etc when i go to
    >>> properties it shows it as 74.5g, got my old drive as the slave at
    >>> 13g which it shows ok,any ideas? Simon.
    >>>

    >> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or
    >> something like that.
    >> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
    >> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
    >> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

    > You fucking idiot ****.

    Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    yddap

    Yddap, Feb 14, 2004
  7. sierra

    Boomer Guest

    Yddap wrote:
    > In news:p,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
    >>> "sierra" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or
    >>> something like that.
    >>> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
    >>> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
    >>> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

    >> You fucking idiot ****.

    > Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    > yddap

    Go **** yourself with a rusty machete, you fucking gormless nong. Reading
    things that aren't there and still fucking it up. **** me dead. Just how
    dumb are you, you fucking pillock?

    Boomer, Feb 14, 2004
  8. sierra

    Tim Guest

    sierra wrote:
    > Currently running xp-pro,and just installed a new

    harddrive,(barracuda
    > 80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as

    74.5g,
    > got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
    > Simon.

    There are a number of different standards when it comes to a
    gigabyte.
    Hard drive manufacturers say 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes because it
    makes there drives look bigger.
    Nearly everyone else says 1GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes a number that
    works much better in a binary system (it is 2 multiplied by itself 30
    times)
    And just to confuse everything totally... the official Institute of
    Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) standard says that the
    hard drive manufacturers are right and what everyone else calls a
    gigabyte should be called a gibibyte (a binary gigabyte). According
    to them your drive is 80GB = 74.5 GiB. Which is utter crap. Their odd
    idea has been around for a few years, but if you live to be 100,
    you'll never see it used.
    The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
    from.

    Tim, Feb 14, 2004
  9. sierra

    Yddap Guest

    In news:-cn.com,
    Boomer <> opined:
    > Yddap wrote:
    >> In news:p,
    >> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> You fucking idiot ****.

    >> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >> yddap

    Plonk !

    Yddap, Feb 14, 2004
  10. Yddap wrote:
    > In news:-cn.com,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Yddap wrote:
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >>> yddap

    > Plonk !

    *plonk*

    <>
    Camela Humayag <>
    kJR85Ocmuqgc

    Camela Humayag, Feb 14, 2004
  11. NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Yddap wrote:
    > In news:-cn.com,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Yddap wrote:
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >>> yddap

    > Plonk !

    *plonk*

    <-tech.com>
    Vojtech Mahabbah <-tech.com>
    sNpvaPXUUcIK

    Vojtech Mahabbah, Feb 14, 2004
  12. Yddap wrote:
    > In news:-cn.com,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Yddap wrote:
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >>> yddap

    > Plonk !

    *plonk*

    <>
    Letty Hrachya <>
    CBb9NlMV0Xoe

    Letty Hrachya, Feb 14, 2004
  13. sierra

    Su-Mei Amber Guest

    Yddap wrote:
    > In news:-cn.com,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Yddap wrote:
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >>> yddap

    > Plonk !

    *plonk*

    <>
    Su-Mei Amber <>
    lvDayvALC1NP

    Su-Mei Amber, Feb 14, 2004
  14. sierra

    Boomer Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > sierra wrote:
    >> Currently running xp-pro,and just installed a new
    >> harddrive,(barracuda 80g)all running fine etc when i go to
    >> properties it shows it as 74.5g, got my old drive as the slave at
    >> 13g which it shows ok,any ideas? Simon.

    > There are a number of different standards when it comes to a
    > gigabyte.
    > Hard drive manufacturers say 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes because it
    > makes there drives look bigger.

    They don't say it for that reason, you total cuntfuck. 1 giga of anything =
    1,000,000,000 of them. That it makes their drives look bigger is a different
    issue. Learn your fucking basics before you aim for where the big girls
    play, you fucking retarded, useless piece of stringy camel snot.

    > The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
    > from.

    Choose a standard form of horrible death, quickly.

    Boomer, Feb 14, 2004
  15. sierra

    sierra Guest

    =
    > 1,000,000,000 of them. That it makes their drives look bigger is a

    different
    > issue. Learn your fucking basics before you aim for where the big girls
    > play, you fucking retarded, useless piece of stringy camel snot.
    >
    > > The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
    > > from.

    > Choose a standard form of horrible death, quickly.
    >

    > Thanks for all the replies,sounds about right then

    Many Thanks

    Simon.

    sierra, Feb 14, 2004
  16. sierra

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:40:11 -0000, "sierra" <> wrote:

    >Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new harddrive,(barracuda
    >80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
    >got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
    >Simon.

    One MB is equal to 1,048,576 Bytes or 1,024 Kilobytes
    One Gigabyte is actually 1,024 Megabytes.

    Divide 80Gig by 1024 and you get 78.125Gig
    You probably formatted it as NTFS. When you format a hard drive under WinXP
    and NTFS, it also reserves a small portion of the drive. 74.5Gig is correct.

    Unk, Feb 14, 2004
  17. Yddap wrote:
    > In news:-cn.com,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Yddap wrote:
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >>> yddap

    > Plonk !

    *plonk*

    <>
    Fredrick Hagop <>
    ASZwXJvUYiNS

    Fredrick Hagop, Feb 15, 2004
  18. sierra

    Tor Matheson Guest

    Yddap wrote:
    > In news:-cn.com,
    > Boomer <> opined:
    >> Yddap wrote:
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Boomer <> opined:

    >>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
    >>> yddap

    > Plonk !

    *plonk*

    <>
    Tor Matheson <>
    KxvVX7BoLW62

    Tor Matheson, Feb 15, 2004
  19. sierra

    Harrison Guest

    On 15 Feb 2004 10:36:46 +0100, Tor Matheson <> wrote:

    >Yddap wrote:
    >> In news:-cn.com,
    >> Boomer <> opined:

    >> Plonk !

    >*plonk*

    PLONK!

    Harrison, Feb 15, 2004
  20. sierra

    Tim Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > Learn your fucking basics before you aim
    > for where the big girls play, you fucking retarded, useless piece

    of
    > stringy camel snot.

    Anyone who's ever seen a camel knows that its snot is far too big to
    be string... it's ropy camel snot... or are you working with some
    pissant, baby dwarf camel with string size nostrils. Bet you've never
    even seen a camel...

    Tim, Feb 15, 2004