    Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
    whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

    , Dec 7, 2005

  2. kenny Guest

    Download this little application that will place a led indicator on your
    tray

    http://www.lonewolf.gr/software/default.asp

    click the image do download

    kenny www.computerboom.com

    kenny, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    Told it was non-Wintel. There's no tray on a Motif desktop, and no app
    for it.

    I need some hardware geekery...

    , Dec 7, 2005
  4. Kenny Guest

    Very easy to put the 2 pin connector the wrong way round on the m/b header,
    won't do any harm, just won't work. Check m/b manual for the location and
    try reversing it.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Dec 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    , Dec 7, 2005
  6. Ghostrider Guest

    wrote:

    > The actual controller connector won't do, there's a damage with it.
    >
    > I'm looking for something like this:
    >
    > http://wonkity.com/~wblock/a4000hard/st3144.html
    >
    > But for WDC200

    Not sure whether these WD hard drives have a LED connector
    on the front. Take a look for a 2-pin header.

    Ghostrider, Dec 7, 2005
  7. <>
    ???????:...

    scoobyturbowrx, Dec 8, 2005
  8. <>
    ???????:...

    carbonconceptsusa.com, Dec 9, 2005
  9. DC Guest

    scoobyturbowrx wrote:

    ><>
    > ???????:...
    >> I have a Western Digital 200GB-HD, working but without a "busy"-Light
    >> due to problems with the (non-Wintel) motherboard.

    >> Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
    >> whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

    *sigh*

    One more for the list. }:O\

    [*]
    Score:: =-9999
    From: carbonconceptsusa
    From: scoobyturbowrx

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
    -= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-

    DC, Dec 12, 2005
  10. Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-12-12, DC <> wrote:
    > scoobyturbowrx wrote:

    snip

    > *sigh*
    >
    > One more for the list. }:O\
    >
    > [*]
    > Score:: =-9999
    > From: carbonconceptsusa
    > From: scoobyturbowrx

    I block on Path, in Leafnode. Catches morphs. Take care not to use that
    for servers with significant legitimate traffic though ;))

    ^Path:.*[!]133.256.1.103.MISMATCH!not-for-mail$
    ^Path:.*[!]218.102.48.125.MISMATCH!127.0.0.1!not-for-mail$

    The first line is related to Altopia, the second to Netvigator in Hong
    Kong, as posting servers. This is 'expensive' filtering, and could easily
    catch innocent victims as well as trolls, so it isn't something I like
    doing. As soon as my logs show that those filters are no longer busy, I
    shall rescind them. Probably.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 12, 2005
  11. DC Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2005-12-12, DC <> wrote:
    >> scoobyturbowrx wrote:

    > snip

    >> *sigh*

    >> One more for the list. }:O\

    >> [*]
    >> Score:: =-9999
    >> From: carbonconceptsusa
    >> From: scoobyturbowrx

    > I block on Path, in Leafnode. Catches morphs. Take care not to use that
    > for servers with significant legitimate traffic though ;))

    > ^Path:.*[!]133.256.1.103.MISMATCH!not-for-mail$
    > ^Path:.*[!]218.102.48.125.MISMATCH!127.0.0.1!not-for-mail$

    > The first line is related to Altopia, the second to Netvigator in Hong
    > Kong, as posting servers. This is 'expensive' filtering, and could easily
    > catch innocent victims as well as trolls, so it isn't something I like
    > doing. As soon as my logs show that those filters are no longer busy, I
    > shall rescind them. Probably.

    I have mine set to expire in January. Hopefully, by tehn, he will have
    his software sorted out -- I'm dying to start getting some *legitimate*
    spam in the group.

    DC, Dec 12, 2005