    worth it yet. The speeds seem to be around the same as the ATA/133 drives,
    and then you have to spend more on a controler or a SATA mobo.

    Thanks.
    ???????, Sep 21, 2003

  2. ???????

    Smoker Guest

    "???????" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm building a new computer and I'm looking for an 80GB Hard Drive. I was
    > wondering if anyone had an opinion on what drive to buy.
    >
    > I've been going through a ton of information on drives, but it seems to
    > change with every website I go to. I want to find out which drive is the
    > most reliable, the fastest, quite, and which on will do my laundry?
    >
    > I've checked out the serial ATA drives, but not sure if they are they are
    > worth it yet. The speeds seem to be around the same as the ATA/133 drives,
    > and then you have to spend more on a controler or a SATA mobo.

    There is no such thing as a good brand of hard drive. They are all pieces of
    crap based on 50-year-old technology that we have to live with. Improvements
    include such things as faster, smaller discs that can store more data, more
    quiet., more reliable or dependable is an unearned bragging right not to be
    applied to any manufacturer. The most likely thing to die first on your
    computer is the hard drive. If you buy one that outlives the one-year
    warranty you are lucky.
    Smoker, Sep 22, 2003