    How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support

    I also have one SCSI HD installed

    , Jan 9, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
    >
    > I also have one SCSI HD installed

    Dunno. Why don't you open the case and see how many IDE connectors it has?
    Typically there are only two, and those can handle two devices, for a total
    of 4 IDE drives. Your optical drives could be on the IDE, or they might be
    on the SCSI interface.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
    > I also have one SCSI HD installed

    Typically, most pcs support 4 IDE devices. But, there are excpeptions.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Todd H. Guest

    writes:
    > How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
    >
    > I also have one SCSI HD installed

    Go to the dell website. Enter yer service tag number and find out
    your system specs.

    And if you can't find it quickly, ping their online support option.
    That's a simple enough question that the personnel who man their
    online support would be able to answer pretty efficiently. And I've
    never had to wait too long to talk to one of them via the online chat
    option.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Jan 10, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Todd H. spewed forth:
    > writes:
    >> How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
    >>
    >> I also have one SCSI HD installed

    > Go to the dell website. Enter yer service tag number and find out
    > your system specs.
    >
    > And if you can't find it quickly, ping their online support option.
    > That's a simple enough question that the personnel who man their
    > online support would be able to answer pretty efficiently. And I've
    > never had to wait too long to talk to one of them via the online chat
    > option.

    You bet - I love those online chats instead of phone calls. The damn accent
    doesn't get in the way of understanding what they say <g>

    --
    Pursuant to Public Law No 109-162 I hereby certify that it is not my
    intent in any way to irritate, frustrate, bother, provoke, gall,

    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2006