    I'm after opinions on the best and\or fastest wiping utility. We've
    tried Disk Scrubber which is good but not the fastest in the world.
    Has anyone tried any other apps for this purpose?

    Dogg, Jul 28, 2003

  2. "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm after opinions on the best and\or fastest wiping utility. We've
    > tried Disk Scrubber which is good but not the fastest in the world.
    > Has anyone tried any other apps for this purpose?

    The best ones will be the slowest ones, since these are writing the data
    more times over.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Dogg

    bambam Guest

    Dogg <> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm after opinions on the best and\or fastest wiping utility. We've
    > tried Disk Scrubber which is good but not the fastest in the world.
    > Has anyone tried any other apps for this purpose?

    Eraser

    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

    --
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you
    stopped laughing.

    bambam, Jul 28, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm after opinions on the best and\or fastest wiping utility. We've
    > tried Disk Scrubber which is good but not the fastest in the world.
    > Has anyone tried any other apps for this purpose?

    I've used Norton's but that is certainly not fast either. Especially if
    you do the 5 pass erasure on a 40 Gig drive ...

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 28, 2003