    If my system says that when adding a hard drive, it should be an Ultra
    ATA-100, then an Ultra ATA-133 wouldn't be compatabile, correct?

    Thnak you.
    anonymous, Apr 11, 2004

  2. anonymous

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:59:37 -0400, anonymous <> wrote:

    >If my system says that when adding a hard drive, it should be an Ultra
    >ATA-100, then an Ultra ATA-133 wouldn't be compatabile, correct?
    >
    >Thnak you.

    It'll work. Just not as fast as it could be.
    Unk, Apr 11, 2004

  3. anonymous

    hamman Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:59:37 -0400, anonymous <> wrote:
    >
    > >If my system says that when adding a hard drive, it should be an Ultra
    > >ATA-100, then an Ultra ATA-133 wouldn't be compatabile, correct?
    > >
    > >Thnak you.

    > It'll work. Just not as fast as it could be.

    Wrong, no hard disk i've found will max out ATA133, most are lucky to hit
    50-60Mbps.
    It was mainly Maxtor who introduced the ATA133 adapeter onto thier disks as
    a marketing exercise. (good disks though, i have 3 maxtors)

    The ATA133 drive will work on an ATA100 system, and the other way around.

    hamman
    hamman, Apr 11, 2004
  4. anonymous

    Plato Guest

    anonymous wrote:

    > If my system says that when adding a hard drive, it should be an Ultra
    > ATA-100, then an Ultra ATA-133 wouldn't be compatabile, correct?

    It will just run at the slower speed, as unk said.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 11, 2004