    A couple of my internal harddrives are just sitting unsecured in the
    case too, cos they also don't come with screws.

    The local PC shop did not have the screws either.
    djdickjonson, Jul 21, 2008

  2. djdickjonson

    Richard Guest

    djdickjonson wrote:
    > Is there anywhere I can buy harddrive/dvd case screws? Just bought a
    > new dvd burner, but it does not come with screws - doh!
    >
    > A couple of my internal harddrives are just sitting unsecured in the
    > case too, cos they also don't come with screws.
    >
    > The local PC shop did not have the screws either.

    Find a new PC shop then because all the one I have being to are more
    then happy to give you several of them if needed from their huge box of
    them.
    Richard, Jul 21, 2008

  3. On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:30:19 -0700 (PDT), djdickjonson <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there anywhere I can buy harddrive/dvd case screws? Just bought a
    >>new dvd burner, but it does not come with screws - doh!
    >>
    >>A couple of my internal harddrives are just sitting unsecured in the
    >>case too, cos they also don't come with screws.
    >>
    >>The local PC shop did not have the screws either.

    > Try DSE they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    Not for the last three years or so.

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 21, 2008
  4. In article <>, Nicolaas Hawkins did write:

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <> wrote
    > in <news:>:
    >
    >> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:30:19 -0700 (PDT), djdickjonson
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anywhere I can buy harddrive/dvd case screws? Just bought a
    >>>new dvd burner, but it does not come with screws - doh!
    >>>
    >>>A couple of my internal harddrives are just sitting unsecured in the
    >>>case too, cos they also don't come with screws.
    >>>
    >>>The local PC shop did not have the screws either.

    >> Try DSE they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    > Not for the last three years or so.

    If it's something Dick Smith used to do, perhaps Jaycar do it now.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 21, 2008
  5. On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:45:42 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote in

    > In article <>, Nicolaas Hawkins did write:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <> wrote
    >> in <news:>:

    >>> Try DSE they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    >> Not for the last three years or so.

    > If it's something Dick Smith used to do, perhaps Jaycar do it now.

    They do not.

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 21, 2008
  6. djdickjonson

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-07-21, Richard <> wrote:
    > djdickjonson wrote:
    >> Is there anywhere I can buy harddrive/dvd case screws? Just bought a
    >> new dvd burner, but it does not come with screws - doh!
    >>
    >> A couple of my internal harddrives are just sitting unsecured in the
    >> case too, cos they also don't come with screws.
    >>
    >> The local PC shop did not have the screws either.

    > Find a new PC shop then because all the one I have being to are more
    > then happy to give you several of them if needed from their huge box of
    > them.

    No when we say PC shop, we do not mean "High Street" stores. Go to a place
    which builds/repairs them.
    Gordon, Jul 21, 2008
  7. In article <>, Gordon did write:

    > No when we say PC shop, we do not mean "High Street" stores. Go to a place
    > which builds/repairs them.

    Both the ones I can think of locally are on the high street.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 21, 2008
  8. On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:16:19 +1200, joe_90
    <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <> wrote
    >> in <news:>:

    >>> Try DSE they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    >> Not for the last three years or so.

    > DSE Assorted Computer Upgrade Screws -
    >
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH5058

    BUGGER! I stand corrected. Mea culpa for not checking. Last time I went
    to get some from there, I was told that item had been discontinued.
    Either they wuz telling porkies (not the first time!) or they decided to
    stock them again.

    > Shocking price though.

    As I recall, they were never cheap.

    --
    - Nic.
    (busily wiping egg off face)
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 21, 2008
  9. On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:17:18 +1200, Tim Lawson
    <tlawson@remove_this.xtra.co.nz> wrote in

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:11:14 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <> wrote
    >>in <news:>:

    >>> Try DSE they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    >>Not for the last three years or so.

    > Try Dick Smith catalogue No XH5058

    See my reply to Joe_90.

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 21, 2008
  10. djdickjonson

    djdickjonson Guest

    On Jul 21, 12:37 pm, Richard <> wrote:
    > djdickjonson wrote:
    > > Is there anywhere I can buy harddrive/dvd case screws? Just bought a
    > > new dvd burner, but it does not come with screws - doh!

    > > A couple of my internal harddrives are just sitting unsecured in the
    > > case too, cos they also don't come with screws.

    > > The local PC shop did not have the screws either.

    > Find a new PC shop then because all the one I have being to are more
    > then happy to give you several of them if needed from their huge box of
    > them.

    well, at least, they did not have ones they sell.

    Perhaps they had them but do not sell?
    djdickjonson, Jul 21, 2008
  11. djdickjonson

    djdickjonson Guest

    On Jul 21, 6:16 pm, joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com>
    wrote:
    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <>  wrote
    > > in <news:>:

    > >> Try DSE  they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    > > Not for the last three years or so.

    > DSE Assorted Computer Upgrade Screws -
    >
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH5058
    >
    > Shocking price though.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks, this is perfect!!
    djdickjonson, Jul 21, 2008
  12. On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:15:12 +1200, thingy <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:21:12 +1200, Brian Mathews <> wrote
    >> in <news:>:

    >>> Try DSE they or used to sell a bag of mixed Computer screws.

    >> Not for the last three years or so.
    >>

    > No they started again....see other post, i noticed them a month or two
    > back while in there....still listed anyway on the website.

    Yeah, so I noticed ... to my embarrassment B-|

    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 21, 2008