    boots from one of them and XP doesn't see the other. Swap the data cables
    at the motherboard, and it boots from the old drive but again, xp can't find
    the second one it just booted from previously.
    JJ, Jun 22, 2006

    > it boots from one of them and XP
    > doesn't see the other. Swap the data
    > cables at the motherboard, and it
    > boots from the old drive but again, xp
    > can't find the second one it just
    > booted from previously.

    Check in the BIOS that the 2nd SATA
    isn't turned off.
    The default should be auto. Your problem
    is that the
    secondary SATA drive port isn't working.
    Pen, Jun 22, 2006

  3. JJ

    Uplink Guest

    thanks for the advice, but I fixed it. I used this terminal to go to
    microsoft kb and i fould out that it was the boot.ini because I deleted
    and changed partitions is what happened.

    Uplink, Jun 22, 2006
  4. JJ

    Plato Guest

    JJ wrote:

    > I filled my old hard drive and bought a new larger one. I installed the new
    > one with the same cabling as the old, then I installed the old one as what I
    > thought would be a slave. Both are serial HDs. I can get both drives to
    > boot & work, but only one at a time. I was under the impression that the
    > days of jumpers and dip switches were over. Install the drive and XP would

    So you ignored the jumpers on your hard drives?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 22, 2006
  5. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Thanks Pen, that did the trick. Do you have a recommendation for ghosting
    software?

    Thanks again!

    JJ, Jun 23, 2006
  6. JJ