    LBA is enabled for the disk in the BIOS. The master drive is NTFS.

    thanks in advance

    Ed

    Edsa, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Edsa

    AG Guest

    Have you FDISKED the new drive?
    I recently had an 80 gig drive that kept formatting as 8 no matter what I
    did or what computer I put it on. I finally used the disk that came with
    the Maxtor drive to format it. I was impressed by how well the software
    worked. It would have formatted it in just about any format that I wanted
    including NTFS.
    AG
    "Edsa" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me with this hard drive probem please?
    >
    > I have added a second eide hard drive onto eide channel one as the slave
    > drive. The master drive has 40GB, the second has 80GB. I am running
    > Windows xp pro.
    >
    > After restarting the PC both drives are recognised in the BIOS and in Disk
    > Manager. The problem is that only half of the space on the second drive

    is

    AG, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Edsa

    Edsa Guest

    Sorted AG it wasn't exactly what you said, but it got me thinking in the
    right direction, cheers!!

    Edsa, Sep 23, 2003
  4. "Edsa" <> wrote in

    > Can anyone help me with this hard drive probem please?

    Did your new drive come with overlay software?

    Joel

    Joel Whitburn, Jr., Sep 24, 2003