    What do I need to do to correct this?

    Thanks!

    Neil Scott
    Neil Scott, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Neil Scott

    Stevo Guest

    Neil Scott wrote:
    > I am trying to reformat my hard drive.
    > I ran fdisk, but I may have done it wrong.
    >
    > I did an A:\ format C:
    > and it does it REAL QUICK, like it's a very small drive.
    >
    > So when I got to load win 98 I get the following message" Can not find
    > enough disk space to install win 98. Free up some disk space and run
    > setup again. You need at least 205 mg free to install Win 98"
    >
    > What do I need to do to correct this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Neil Scott

    For a start, supply some more information about your system, particularly
    the hard disk...

    Sounds like you have used FDISK incorrectly and only have a tiny partition,
    probably put the numbers in incorrectly, try doing it again but this time
    use the percentage form of drive size (ie : 100% or whatever size of the
    total disk capacity you want to use)

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Neil Scott

    Jack Guest

    What did you do with fdisk?
    Did you enable large disk support?
    Run fdisk again and check the partition information, if something's wrong
    you should delete all partitions and re-create from scratch ( if you don't
    need any existing data on the drive)

    Jack, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Neil Scott

    °Mike° Guest

    How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition
    or Repartition a Hard Disk

    Fdisk Does Not Recognize Full Size of Hard Disks Larger
    than 64 GB

    FDISK Guide
    http://fdisk.radified.com/

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:47:18 GMT, in
    <GZjib.271001$>
    Neil Scott scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Use fdisk to 1. first view partition (s), 2 remove partition (s), 3 view
    again to make sure they are gone, then 4 Create primary partition using
    entire drive space.
    Then reboot.
    Then format c:

    --
    Windows IS a virus.

    Why do you have to wash a bath towel? Aren't you clean when you use it?

    "Neil Scott" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to reformat my hard drive.
    > I ran fdisk, but I may have done it wrong.
    >
    > I did an A:\ format C:
    > and it does it REAL QUICK, like it's a very small drive.
    >
    > So when I got to load win 98 I get the following message" Can not find
    > enough disk space to install win 98. Free up some disk space and run setup
    > again. You need at least 205 mg free to install Win 98"
    >
    > What do I need to do to correct this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Neil Scott

    ---
    BananaPannaPoe-, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Neil Scott

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:47:18 GMT, "Neil Scott" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to reformat my hard drive.
    >I ran fdisk, but I may have done it wrong.

    What size does fdisk show?

    >I did an A:\ format C:
    >and it does it REAL QUICK, like it's a very small drive.
    >
    >So when I got to load win 98 I get the following message" Can not find
    >enough disk space to install win 98. Free up some disk space and run setup
    >again. You need at least 205 mg free to install Win 98"

    205 milligrams is not a lot.

    >What do I need to do to correct this?

    Rerun fdisk.

    >Thanks!
    >
    >Neil Scott

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Oct 13, 2003
  7. Neil Scott

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Barry OGrady said:

    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:47:18 GMT, "Neil Scott" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to reformat my hard drive.
    >> I ran fdisk, but I may have done it wrong.

    > What size does fdisk show?
    >
    >> I did an A:\ format C:
    >> and it does it REAL QUICK, like it's a very small drive.
    >>
    >> So when I got to load win 98 I get the following message" Can not find
    >> enough disk space to install win 98. Free up some disk space and run setup
    >> again. You need at least 205 mg free to install Win 98"

    > 205 milligrams is not a lot.

    Maybe it's Win98 SEL (Seriously Extra Lite) :)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 13, 2003