    The Primary Hard Drive has gone down on my second computer! Is there any way I can recover the info stored on the second hard drive I have on that machine, please?
    Millennium Edition Windows.
    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Raine

    Raine Guest

    Thanks Doug, Drive is already in the freezer. and safe!
    Someone else had already told me of this trick, and, yes, I know it works.

    Raine.

    "Doug" <> wrote in message news:...
    Although I have not tired the process myself, I've read that freezing the
    drive may allow you to reinstall it and gain a few minutes access to it.

    The process is to remove the bad drive, put it into a plastic freezer bag
    along with one or more silica gel packs. These packs are often found
    packaged with electronic equipment. The silica packs will absorb the
    moisture that condenses during the freezing process. Do not do this if you
    don't have any moisture absorbing mechanism. If you don't have any silica
    packs I think you could also use uncooked rice as the moisture absorbing
    agent. Just don't let the rice come in contact with the drive.

    Freeze the drive in the bag for a couple hours then put it back in your
    machine as quickly as you can. This works for some people, evidently.

    Good Morning all,

    Raine, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Raine

    Raine Guest

    Thanks for the help, I managed to clear the Primary Drive of all the files I needed.
    Raine

    "Doug" <> wrote in message news:...
    Although I have not tired the process myself, I've read that freezing the
    drive may allow you to reinstall it and gain a few minutes access to it.

    The process is to remove the bad drive, put it into a plastic freezer bag
    along with one or more silica gel packs. These packs are often found
    packaged with electronic equipment. The silica packs will absorb the
    moisture that condenses during the freezing process. Do not do this if you
    don't have any moisture absorbing mechanism. If you don't have any silica
    packs I think you could also use uncooked rice as the moisture absorbing
    agent. Just don't let the rice come in contact with the drive.

    Freeze the drive in the bag for a couple hours then put it back in your
    machine as quickly as you can. This works for some people, evidently.

    Good Morning all,

    Raine, Aug 20, 2003