    drives of all of my business information.
    Tkanks
    Stan

    Stan, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Stan

    Plato Guest

    Stan wrote:

    > I am going to donate some cpu's and need to know how to clear the hard
    > drives of all of my business information.
    > Tkanks
    > Stan

    use a zero fill program.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Stan

    Fakename Guest

    You could have suggested one for him to try.

    Try Darik's Boot and Nuke

    http://dban.sourceforge.net/

    "Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot floppy that
    securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically
    and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect,
    which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data
    destruction."

    Never tried it but I use autoclave and it's recommended by those guys.

    Fakename, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Stan

    WebWalker Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:19:40 GMT, Fakename <>
    wrote:

    >You could have suggested one for him to try.

    The original poster can download the zero fill utility (some time
    refer as low level format) from the hard disk maker site for free.

    --
    WebWalker
    email:

    WebWalker, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Stan

    nos1eep Guest

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:43:44 +0800, WebWalker
    <> spewed the following drivel:

    >On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:19:40 GMT, Fakename <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>You could have suggested one for him to try.

    >The original poster can download the zero fill utility (some time
    >refer as low level format) from the hard disk maker site for free.

    Dude! Just spit it out! Use KillDisk
    http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm
    __

    -nos1eep