    being an 80 GB hard drive but in the "Properties" it shows 9.76 GB. Is
    there a way I can get 80 GB out of this hard drive and can it be done
    without losing the information that's already on it? Thanks.

    Hurricane1000, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Hurricane1000

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Hurricane1000" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200 hard drive in my computer and it shows
    > being an 80 GB hard drive but in the "Properties" it shows 9.76 GB. Is
    > there a way I can get 80 GB out of this hard drive and can it be done
    > without losing the information that's already on it? Thanks.

    You didn't mention , which operating system / how old the PC ?
    Did you format the 9.76gb drive , or someone gave you a drive / pc and
    it was like that ?
    If windows XP, right-click on " My Computer" then 'Manage'- Disk
    management and select the rest of the drive to format.

    If that is "greek to you" , read a few of these articles first:
    http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=format manage disk management
    for big picture , then a few details like
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348

    To extended your C drive to fill up the entire drive ( vs having a C and
    a D) , you'll need a store-bought program like Partition Magic etc -
    search groups.google.com as it's an often asked question and the
    answers are online already

    - Bobb -, Jan 3, 2007