    the C drive does not add up to 15 g, and the rest is not close, I can not
    locate what is using this space and also causing it to slow down as well.
    The pc is a HP pavilion dv8000 with a 64 bit Turion 1800 MHZ with 768 ram.

    =?Utf-8?B?YWxwaGFtYWxlMzAz?=, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Run a disk defrag and see what properties show afterwards.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 2, 2006

  3. A disk cleanup may also help.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 2, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YWxwaGFtYWxlMzAz?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:23:01 -0700, alphamale303
    <> wrote:

    Try a chkdsk to see if their are any errors, and do a scan for malware.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 2, 2006
  5. There is also a possibility that if you had the laptop delivered without the
    System CD's, you might have those sitting on some kind of Restore
    Partition - this would typically be hidden such that it isn't counted along
    with everything else.

    And then if you have the 'View File Types' option in 'Folder Options' set to
    the default then there are masses of files that might not be counted and
    this certainly wouldn't add up when you are counting what you can see.

    This alone hardly accounts for all that missing space, this will require
    that you might have miscalculated your own contribution to the situation
    somewhat.

    Is someone else having access to the machine? It only takes a MPEG Movie to
    account for much of whatever space is missing.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 2, 2006